Strange

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've recently been put on a cocktail of trileptal and dilantin. Struggling with side affects but was going on a month seizure free! Until yesterday. I'm not sure what kind of seizures I have. I know they are frontal lobe and I think Complex Partial. Usually an aura, then buzzing and twitching. But as of late they have changed and Dr. changed my meds. They are now more like during talking, I KNOW what I am trying to say, but the word won't come out. I stutter and stammer as I physically struggle to get the correct word out and then a weird sensation and then buzzing but not always twitching.

My question is do you think this is a warning sign that I was going to have a seizure or just a memory loss thing due to meds. A couple hours before seizure hit, I was in the shower, was done and I looked down and for the life of me I could NOT remember how to shut the shower off. We have lived in this house many years. This is crazy. I remember staring at it and franctically going over it my mind trying to remember. After a minute or two I finally did.

It could have been a sign that you were getting a bit lightheaded from low blood sugar/pressure, dehydration, or fatigue -- all potential seizure triggers in themselves. Or it might be that the meds cause some of the above-mentioned stressors. Or indeed just an effect of the meds themselves. I have to say, my seizures are well-controlled and side effects relatively minimal, and I have had the "which direction do I turn the shower handle" moment anyway. In my case, all I can blame is age and distraction...

Definitely write down what happened and when. Hopefully it's a one-off, but if something similar happens again you can look for a pattern in reltion to the meds or your seizures.

Thanks to be honest it was an off day yesterday anyway. Kinda felt spacy all day.

But I've taken the advice here and have been writing everything down in my journal for my appointments. It helps tremendously.

Keeping fingers crossed that was just a silly momet.

Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom