Stress of taking care of kids.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Over the past several days, I've noticed my seizures are a lot worse and more frequent in the evening. And I realized, I'm alone during the day, but my husband and kids get home around 4 or so.

My son came home early today, and he was throwing a fit about something. And then I had a really bad seizure. Does anyone else notice this? I feel really guilty that son might have caused me to have a seizure.

I do find that when I allow myself to get caught up in someones anger or stress the anxiety definitely increases the likelihood of me having a seizure.

I don't have any kids so I can't say that my kids have triggered my seizures but I'm sure finding out that I do have a (or more) kid would definitely increase the likelihood of triggering one lol.

Im a stay at home mom of three little boys. Two of them are in school full time, second and first graders... but our youngest is still home with me. Next year he will be in Kindergarten. But I agree, when I have them at home with me, like during their school breaks, things can get alittle tough with me being here alone and having three kids go crazy! Ive noticed that Im the same way, if I get too stressed, or frustrated to the point that its bugging the crap out of me, its caused me to go into auras and simple partial seizures. I try my best to let the little things not bother me, but its kind of tough at times when its just me and the kids at home, while my husband is at work.

I know its easier said than done, but try to relax and not let the little things get to you.

It took me awhile to figure out how to calm down and not have things bother me.

I don't have any children but I have alot of trouble being around them. It seems that every little thing they do sets me off and I end up yelling at them. My husband and I try to do our shopping, movies, going out to eat and other things like that when there usually aren't that many children around.

I spent the weekend at a friends house a few weeks ago who has two young kids. I had a seizure the day after I came home.

I just can't be in stressful situations in general either. I'm almost guarenteed to have a seizure if I am.

I'm with y'all.

I have both girls and the oldest is in first grade. My two year old hid from me for just long enough on Wednesday to cause a seizure.

Love em to pieces but they keep me exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom