Supporting Epilepsy Action: What kind of outfit to wear

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Trinity

New
Reaction score
Well, I have been on Sodium Valproate for my Epilepsy for the most part of the last 21 years. After having my son my dosage was increased due to a post partum seizure. At this point the weight also piled on.
Anyway this year I really got stuck into losing weight and have lost over 13kg/28.6lb so far. It's been hard going and i've put a lot of effort in to get this far but I am starting to feel so much better. This year was my fifth year participating in a local fun run (14K) but the first time I had trained properly for it and got a seriously good time. Anyway, I am also training now to do a 10K fun run in November because i've really got the running bug.
Anyway, better get to the point. The fun run I participated in last (the 14K one) allows for participants to support a chosen charity and over the last few years i've chosen different ones.
For next year i'd like to be able to support Epilepsy Action here in Australia and continue to do so each year. Many participants dress up for the day eg. superman, spiderman, fairies etc and i'd like to do so too. I want it to be something that represents Epilepsy Action or people who struggle with Epilepsy and i'd like it to be something that would make me and the cause stand out but that would not be too inhibiting with regards to running (so I wouldn't want something heavy or difficult to move in). One of the guys who runs this race dresses up as superman every year and every year people look out for him and he's always on the TV. I think it would be good if I could bring the cause to the attention of the public in a creative way. Any ideas????

An outfit decorated with lightening bolts? Consider it a play on your running and brain activity...

Purple

In the US, purple is supposed to be the epilepsy awareness color. That would be good to include.

How about purple running pants, with Epilepsy down the leg, and Action on the tush.
That would get a lot of looks.

or

How about something from HERE
and sew, print, or embellish it somehow with the words Epilepsy Action

Last edited:
I've nothing to add, but loving all the great suggestions above!

Great ideas, Robin!

Love that leg/tush suggestion.

And if the timeline is tight, you can also buy iron-on transfers at the office supply store. They are a blank page and you print them out on your printer, then iron them on. If the print or picture is smaller than a page, you just cut it out before ironing on.

Back
Top Bottom