Taken to the hospital by ambulance yesterday.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penny

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I don't remember the drive there or anything until the bed pan. I talked to the ladies who run the center and they say I have been really grouchy the last few months which is not like me. Thank God its over now cause I cant remember the last couple months even though I was Alert, I guess. Apparently I went to Petco with some friends the beginning of the month and spent LOTS of money. That's quite a bit when all you get for SS ($735) and I pay $218 a month rent (w/utilities, thank God). I bought several more items at Wal-Mart too. I had to call the bank today to find out what checks have been cashed. I don't even remember my 30th birthday (March25). They found me in bed with blood all over and I was pretty bruised up.

Has anyone had this kind of memory loss with a seizure? I have to go see my councelor in 20 minutes. I'm scared of what she might have to say.

Hi Penny. That's pretty scary stuff. I had some memory loss after the first few tonic clonic seizures I had, but it was only hours, not weeks, like yours was. I had a recent experience where I was out walking, realized that one of my many complex partial seizures was starting (I have a few hundred a year, so they really aren't a big deal), and the next thing I knew I was about 3 blocks away from where I had felt the seizure begin, with absolutely no memory of how I had gotten there. It also took me a minute to even realize where I was and get back to the street I had been walking on. It was a foggy night, which didn't help. That was a very scary experience and I never want to have anything like it again. It's bad enough when I have a seizure and then don't know what day it is. That happens a lot. Like yesterday, even. That's the only time I've had something like that happen, at least that I'm aware of. I suppose if that happened when I was sitting in the house reading I might not even have known that I had lost time.
Anyhow, I'm sorry that happened to you. I can imagine how frightening it must be. I have lots of past events that have been completely erased from my memory, but that's not really the same as what happened to you. I hope things get better. I'm glad you have a counselor to talk with. Many of us, myself included, can really benefit from a good counselor to bounce stuff of of. Friends and family can sometimes be too close or too involved to be able to share stuff with, and they are not always skilled enough to know how to really address what we need. All the best to you, and keep us posted.

Carry on!

I saw the nurses today for the apts. I live in. They are calling my nero. today to get an apt as soon as possible. They took me by ambulance the other day to a mini hospital (town of 3,300). They are worried since they didn't do test for a stroke. I have had one before so I hope they will.
I keep having to change my spelling too. I've changed it back for this forum. I'm having a tuff time comprehending what people say. Most of the time they repeat a lot for me. I feel like some are laughing behind my back. I was told I had argued with the nurses here about taking my meds a couple times and people who lived here too. This is not like me at all.
Thank you Arnie for your letter. I'll let you all know when I get into the Dr.. Thanks :/

Good luck with the appt & with memory - I still feel like I'm having issues from last week's t/c. I don't remember anything until I woke up after the 2nd sz in ER (I always have a second). Since then I'm finding I don't have confidence in things I do remember (eg did I call my colleague back or transfer information I was suppose to). I'm sure they're not laughing. It's scary for everyone and everyone has something they have to deal with. But for the grace of God and all that.

Penny -
That sounds really scarey what you've been through.

There has really only been 2 times when I have had memory loss but both times were only a few hours & not weeks.
The 1st time was when my seizures returned, I only remember parts of the day - waking up, talking to my mum once then waking up in hopsital with my mum next to my bed & then my Mum yelling out to the drs that I'm having a seizure.
Apparently there was more to that day which I don't remember - my Mum rang about 4 times because I wasn't making much sense, my neighbour had come to check on me a couple of times (Mum rang the neighbour because she lives 30 mins from me & was worried about the way I was acting) & when the ambulance came.

The other time was I remember one morning heading of to go do some voluntary work at 8:55am & then waking up in hospital at 12pm. I had only taken my house keys that day as I wasn't expecting to be out to long but I did have my medic alert bracelet on so the hospital was able to ring the medic alert foundation to get my neurologists details & my parents number.
The nurse at the hospital had told us how I was found in a street that I don't usually go down around 10am, the person who found me realised something was wrong & saw my medic alert bracelet & rang the ambulance. I still don't know if I had a tonic clonic or a really bad complex partial that day.

I hope you get some answers & feel better soon

That's awful, Penny. I'm so sorry you've gone through this. I have lost big chunks of memory in the past but I would say the worst memory loss happened from encephalopathy rather than seizures. I don't remember ever having lost weeks prior to a TC. I've lost months of information before, but not all information. Like last month I lost everything to do with surroundings, so everywhere I went, I couldn't recognise places that I'd been before. But to lose absolutely everything is horribly traumatic. You were complaining of Keppra rage a short while ago--maybe last week? Let us know what your neurologist says.

Came home from hospital again today. Had went back that evening to bigger one in city 60 miles away. I guess I got overly paranoid, thinking everyone was plotting against me. Even my daughter her partner and my son, oh my cat too. Even people where I live. It was awful. The dr asked me what the date was and I thought it was the beginning of Feb.. I was in the psych ward a week while they figured out all my meds. A lot were to high. I had a seizure in my temporal lobe that cost most of this. I have still forgotten a lot (even my 50th birthday). I'm just glad I'm out and feeling better. Spent the first 2 days sleeping and that's about it. I was so paranoid of everyone. DR.s and nurses too. Never want this to happen again. Was very scarey!!!

Back
Top Bottom