teethgrinding

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello everyone iam new to this forum and concerned about the facrt that everytime i start a videogame straght away my teeth strat grinding its not related to tension in the game as this happens on the title screen involentry grinding togher with feeling faintness could this be epilepsy as iam 35 years this only just started up.

sounds like a photosensitive reaction to me. I do this when looking at games or movies as well. could be epilepsy could be "invisible" migraines. Either way check with your doctor to set up a referal to a neurologist.

it might be best to ask for an ambulatory EEG (one you can wear at home) so they can record what happens to your brain when you play those games.

A lot of people grind their teeth at night but it's unusual during the day unless it's a side effect from a medicine -- or in your case, perhaps a photosensitive reaction. Does the grinding/faintness seem to be getting worse? Does it only happen at certain times of day? Are there any other odd things that you've noticed, or any other light sensitivities? What happens if you try wearing polarized sunglasses?

Well it happens anytime i play a console game i can watch you tube without a problem even play pc games without a problem well mostly but its certain title screenns on a console iam on a resperdol medication for mania i dont know if thats something to do with but as i said it happens only i play certain games right on the title screen no nedd for the game to resume resperdol does have a teethgrinding sideffect but i just dunno.

Back
Top Bottom