Temperature an indirect trigger?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

@epileric - QuackWatch is an old timer psychologist. I read his stuff as if he cracking the driest joke ever.

Search blood acidity on the web. I find vinegar does effect my epileptic activity. sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, as I haven't quite figured it out yet, and decided that any vinegar was best in moderation.

The jist of it is, consuming food items are going to change your body chemistry, through any series of events.

For example, and I am not a diabetic, yet anyways, but they have a condition called Ketoacidosis. That is an lowering in blood ph levels (acidic) due to the production of keytones by the body. There is a more specific condition called Alcoholic Ketoacidosis, and that is caused by consuming too much alcohol regularily. So while alcohol does not directly change a diabetics blood ph, it does something else somewhere that increases keytone production, which in turn changes blood ph levels.

I mean, I consistently read quackwatch as if it were the driest humor to ever hit the web.

Heat is going to cause perspiration, and water loss, and I could imagine a ph shift in an unhealthy or unbalanced person. With cold weather, hmmmnnn... unsure.

If anything the kidneys at the nephron level could be doing quite literally anything in error to cause unbalances in the blood, but it doesn't stop there because there are blood brain barriers and any number of other processes that could be effected. I am not a nephrologist, neurologist and so on. Vice is seriously out there, so be sure to verify, but they've got an interesting article on why the cold weather makes someone pee. "Why Cold Weather Makes You Pee". Maybe the cold effects the kidneys which in turn effects blood regulation, in turn effecting the brain and how it supplies electrolytes or something. Again I am not a nephrologist, neurologist and so on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom