Things are going great for me!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

xenome

New
Reaction score
I was having seizures all the time and it sucked, I was so depressed all the time and I used to wish I was dead. Then in April my father died and after that things just got worse, I was having absence seizures every day and at least 1 tc every week.

At the beginning of July my neurologist decided to try (another) medication and its working! I have not had any absence seizures since, and I think I have had only 1 tc while I was sleeping. Anyways, my quality of life has improved so much. I have gained some ambition which is something I have never had before and decided to become a doctor and I was recently accepted into the University of Utah. I owe all of you alot and just wanted to thank you.

If any of you are depressed or anything, hang in there because it will get better. If you need someone to talk to send me a message or something.

Ooooh, XENOME!!!

It's sooooooo good to hear that you're doing well!!! I am SOOO VERY HAPPY for you!!! :clap::clap::woot::woot: HOW VERY COOL!!!

School will be good for you, and helping others here will be a confidence booster, too. :)

We ALWAYS LOVE hearing good news! Glad to see you!

*kicking heels up*

Take care,

Meetz
:rock:

Good 2CU again

It has been a while.

I do like things that make the brain work. I've also found that my seizures decrease when I do that type of work.

Good luck in school & keep us updated on how you're doing.

Hi Xenome -- it's so great to hear the good news! So encouraging for the rest of us.

Just out of curiosity, which med turned out to be the winner for you?

Its called Zarontin. My doctor said its only for absence seizures and shouldnt be helping with my tonic clonics, which makes me nervous, but it seems to be helping. So now, currently I am on:

1000 mg of Zarontin per day
2500 mg of Depakote ER per day
2000 mg of Keppra per day
and I also have the VNS in my chest

I take alot of freakin pills. Maybe someday she will decrease the amount of those other meds, geez.

i'm so glad things are improving for you!
good luck with your goals :D

:rock::rock::rock:

WOW - We will have our own DR X!!! as in Xenome!

Congrats on both the schooling and the sz control. Keep sharing the positive news when you have the time.
:clap::clap::clap:

Fantastic to hear you are doing well. Congrats on being accepted to the University of Utah!

Wow!!!

It's so nice to hear the positives and THIS IS BY FAR POSITIVE!!! Awesome for you and keep up the good work! GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS!

Yes, yes

I think you should!!! Then we can have TWO neurologists on board here!!! That would be sooooo cool!!!!

Back
Top Bottom