Those with Fybro

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
What are you taking?

I have Fybro with RA and I was wondering what medications some of you are taking and if they messed with the meds that you are taking for epilp?

I know that there are some meds out there that treat fybro and epilp in one pill, do any of you know of any others, other than Lyrica?

I don't want to take to many meds and between my neuro, RA doc and family doc, I'm starting to load up and I am worried that they are not going to mix well, and it doesn't seem like any one other than my neuro is paying attention to what else I am already taking. KWIM

Hi there,

I have fibro and I am sort of in limbo with autoimmune stuff. I have a strong immediate family history..a few markers..but nothing diagnosed..most of my Drs. think something may eventually pop up. I also went for yrs. undaignosed with epilepsy and sleep apnea. I was told anxiety. I was on Neurontin for only a short time..but did o.k. It was for the seizures, but they said it may also help with the pain. How long did it take before you were dxed with RA? My sister has Ra, but her primary disease is SYS. Lupus. She has multiple connective tissue diseases. Scleroderma and polymisistis.
Hope all is well with you!! I guess my best suggestion is to really keep your circle of Drs. in the loop. Have them each fax notes to each other and double check with the pharmacy. I take multiple meds and it can get confusing. Hope all is well with you!!

Michelle : )

Lets see I was Dx with Fybro in April of 2007 and then in Aug or Sept I was told that I also had RA, which no one believed me cause they thought that there was no way that I could be 19 and have RA. Then I started having siezures and then came the dx of epilp like a week ago.I'm still figuring out what all of this means for me. I am currently taking Neotrin (sp) and they said that it should help with both

Hey again!

Wow...you are young! (O.K. younger than me..I just turned 41! Ha!, But I still get carded when I buy beer for my husband and have my two teenage kids with me! ) I am sorry you are having to deal with all this!! I am sure this must be really tough on you..alot to take in. I hope you have family and friends to lean on and support you, and we're always here!!!! It is great you are right on things and paying attention to your meds and taking an active role in things. Isn't it crazy how sometimes you just get overlooked and not dxed properly. I've been told anxiety off and on since i was around 25. Which was not the case. It is probably a good thing you know..so you can really be proactive. I hope all is well with you! Keep me posted!!! And feel free to write any time!!!!

Michelle : )

Hey it's Michelle again! O.k. ..I just reread your note...you are new to the epilepsy too. It is alot to take in, I know..I am rather new as well. Sort of overwhelming! I have found some awesome books on ebay. ALso..info on the epilepsy sites. I just find that knowledge is power..it is helpful to me to understand and be able to ask questions at the Drs. etc. One book was called Living Well with Epilepsy. It is rather new 04?
Has great info and explains alot. Hope this helps some!

Hugs!
Michelle

My doctor thought mine was fibro, but when the epilepsy diagnosis came in and I started topamax the symptoms eased..I still have RA and now the flare of soriatic arthritis is really bad. I am looking at starting Prednisone in a day or two.

We tried Antidepressants early on with the fibro and shots (trying to think of the right word...) it is saline right in the sore area....

Topamax is used for fibro as well now.

Lyrica and neurontin.

I hope you find relief!

Ginny

Michelle-

Yeah I am pretty young but I feel about 60! lol. I do have alot of family that is here for me, luckily my hubby is very wonderful, and if it wasn't for him and my son I don't think that I would be as proactive, but I don't need to hurt cause I have to keep up with a almost one year old and him.I have that book as well I am still reading it, my Daddy in law got it for me when my hubby called him and told him that we finally had a dx on the seizures.

Ginny-

I have tried Lyrica and I hated it, I was anxious and suicidal and all that. It was not fun

A good article about Fibro is at:

www.dogtorj.com

On the list of articles find Appetizers A-I, and scroll down for Fibromyalgia

Back
Top Bottom