thoughts and where to go next

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kyla

New
Reaction score
I had posted a thread about 3 weeks ago about some dizzy spells I'd been having. About a week ago something happened on a rather off day I was having with the dizzy spells. I had never experienced anything like this. The feeling just got really intense and I really felt like I was going to pass out. I was already sitting down and against a wall and I felt it hit me suddenly. I started breathing heavily and my eyes were close but felt like they were fluttering because I could see snippets. And it felt like everywhere I was having tremors/little twitches. Someone was there who knew about/used to my episodes but I hadn't asked him yet for full details but he did mention my hands/fingers were curled and tense during it. I'm pretty sure I was aware for the whole thing because I can remember all of it as far as I'm aware. Afterwards I felt a little nauseas, slightly tired, but was able to feel more better and with it in 5-10 minutes.

I never had anything like this happen before. I really don't have a good relationship with my parents so they don't even know this happened yet and I'm afraid to tell them. I just don't know what to do about it, or what it was, or how to approach my parents with it. Thanks

additional info: I'm still in process of diagnosis for my episodes, on no meds, have my second EEG in November

Kyla

The first thing you need to do is find out what happened from whoever was there, that is important because it will help you with a diagnosis. You need to think about telling your parents, that is not always an easy thing to do, there is no reason for you to be afraid of them or of telling them (easy to say). How you approach this with them I honestly do not know but you will have a good idea when and where. I am not a doctor nor am I diagnosing you but to me it sounds like a seizure. Non of this is your fault so do not let fear tell you otherwise.

I agree with Fedup. It's not and won't be easy, but you've got to tell them eventually. And it's not your fault. It is what it is. Trust me I don't want this. Your parents are just going to have to accept it. The longer you wait the worse it will (probably) get.

Thanks guys, I managed to get it across to my mom what happened, took me a while, but I did it :) . She just said we will let them know when we do the EEG that that happened.

Back
Top Bottom