Tingling tongue

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Today my tongue has been tingling. A really weird sensation. I am wondering if this is a seizure, a side effect of my medication, or something else. I am on Neurontin for the seizures now.

I can't remember which med you are on now?

It could be a seizure. Could be another allergic reaction. To be sure, call your doc!

I am on Neurontin now, but didn't see tingling tongue as a side effect. It comes and goes, happened about four times yesterday, lasting for about 45 seconds.

I also have MS.....so it just may be neurological.

Thought I would ask, thinking it could be a seizure.

Daisygirl,

I didn't remember you have MS. That must be so hard to deal with. And to have epilepsy on top of it... that stinks.

Yes, tingling tounge could definitely be MS. Still if it were me I'd call my doc.

hi daisygirl

An extremely silly question... does the tingling feel almost like needles on the side of your tongue but not as sharp, and go down the sides? Almost forming a u on the back of you tongue toward the back of your throat, followed by a sensation or urge to "stretch" your tongue? And accompanied by a feeling of numbness in the back of your throat (almost like novacaine but more like chloreseptic spray)... That is the best way to describe it... but it is pure yuck! I agree with endless that you should def ask your neuro about it. Good luck and hope that it works out.

yes...the feeling is like a bunch of little needles. It makes me push my tongue onto the roof of my mouth!!

I don't have the feeling down my throat, thank goodness, that sounds awful!

I have been having that for a lil over a year now, i just figured that it was nothing, and never thought to mention it to my neuro.... didn't want to look crazy i guess... I always just figured that if it lasted too long i would take a trip to the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom