tinnitus and lazy eye associated with epilepsy?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
500mg of phenytoin a day
this seems to have progressed lately
any other people experience or familiar with this sort of thing?
epilepsy related?
medication related?

A side effect of Phenytoin seems to be eye shaking, is it like that?

not quite, it's more like the right eye will just start leaning in, like going cross-eyed slightly
I wear glasses too so it could possibly be from my glasses, but it doesn't really seem so because I've experienced it with two different frames

Hmm... this is what i could find..

* bleeding, tender, or enlarged gums
* changes in muscle movements or coordination
* changes to the gums, including bleeding or swelling
* confusion
* difficulty sleeping
* dizziness
* headache
* nausea and vomiting
* slurred speech
* unusual eye movement

I wonder if that would come under the catagory of unusal eye movements? When was the last time you got your eyes checked also? It might be worth looking into.

Also, with side effects you're not sure about it's a good idea to check with your doc.

I guess those symptoms could be applicable
I would say I suffer a few of those symptoms over periods of time.
Thanks!

I was

on Dilatin, 300 mg a day for many years.........35.

I now have nystagmus, and have had it for many years. It has to do with your eye, and is tied to your balance as well.

As for tinnitus.......I don't know about it being caused by meds, I'd have to check into it. Yes I do get it, quite often for that matter, but it goes away on its own. Annoying as all begeezers though.

I'm not on any seizure meds yet, and both of my eyes are lazy. My optomologist didn't believe me at first, but a few years ago he checked, and yea...both drift outwards, sort of wall-eyed-ish.

mmmm walleye yummy
oh not walleye as in the fish, northern pike etc
pan fried walleye with wild rice mmmm

Back
Top Bottom