Tongue bitting and peeing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have for sure bitten my tongue more then a few times at angle and my cheeks. I don't believe during a generalized seizure though. Which seems just as wired as not wetting myself.
Don't Get me wrong I enjoy being dry as much as the next person.
On the epilepsy.com forum I got 1 post - every seizure is different for your self and individuals.

Do you not have incontinence and /or tongue biting during a seizure or after
or am I wrong and you don't well have to umm have those happen all the time

Do you not have incontinence and /or tongue biting during a seizure or after
or am I wrong and you don't well have to umm have those happen all the time

Off and on, but not all the time. I've had many seizures of all types and only once have I had incontinence. I have bitten my tongue and cheek on a few occasions during a TC seizure. Most of the time after a TC, I end up with a terrible headache and bumps/bruises.

I have had a seizure and bit my lip and I have had seizures where I hadn't. I don't believeI've ever wet myself during one.

There are so many things that can come into play. These things certainly don'thave to happen all the time.

I guess on epilepsy.com, they were right. Seizures are different for everybody and each seizure you have had the potential to be just as different.

I normally do wet myself a little bit during a TC, and I always chomp through my tongue and cheek. It's definitely different for everyone though.

When I would have tonic clonics, it was common for me to wet myself. I'd also bite my tongue. But on one rare occasion during a CPS I soiled myself :( Fortunately that was a one time event.

Everyone can experience these occurrences differently. It all depends on the activities leading up to the event.

I've had incontinence for years off and on that's never stopped concerning my grandmal seizures and biting of the tongue also.

My daughter has never wet herself during a seizure (thank goodness). She has bitten her tongue pretty badly during tonic/clonic seizures, but not always. The past couple of seizures she did not really bite her tongue at all.

My daughter has never wet herself during a seizure (thank goodness). She has bitten her tongue pretty badly during tonic/clonic seizures, but not always. The past couple of seizures she did not really bite her tongue at all.

Hello Kgartner,
I am pleased for your daughter that incontinence as never occurred and I'm touching wood this end that she never suffers it, as I find it one embarrassing condition :(

No incontinence during a seizure but I sure have bitten the heck out of my tongue! That's usually been the worst after effect. Ouch!!

Cawhitern same here regarding the tongue and my god it's painful afterwards ahhhhh :bigmouth: ;)

I've never bitten my tongue or cheek during a seizure, but I have lost bladder control MANY times, not every seizure, just the tonic clonic's.

Back
Top Bottom