Trying to record a seizure. Help?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Athena22

New
Reaction score
In the hospital trying to record a seizure so my doctor could learn how to treat me. Again.
24 hour eeg and a IV for when I have one. (the person who did it, did it twice & it hurt like hell)
For four days.
Noone wants to have a seizure and I personally do not.
But they are taking me OFF MY MEDICATION. Starting tomorrow.
And telling me to do as many things to stress me out.
Which is basically.....drinking caffeen, staying up late, thinking about stressful situations, doing MATH (blah), planning, and...tbh I'm not sure what else triggers my seizure.
I just pass out. Nothing else. :paperbag:
I dont feel anything coming on. Only once I THINK I felt anxious and that was my seizure coming on. nothing else.

Can you tell me your seizure triggers?
Thankyou <3

For some people excess physical activity (possibly combined with other triggers like sleep deprivation, caffeine, etc.) can be a seizure trigger. Many EEG monitoring units have exercise bikes available. You could ask if yours has one to use, if you think this could help trigger a seizure for you.

I don't have specific triggers for seizures; if anything it is an accumulation of factors that will lead to me having a seizure but honestly I'm not sure if this is even the case. I was sleep deprived for 5 nights in a row when I was in for my VEEG and since I had always been careful with getting enough sleep I thought for sure that would bring one on, and even that didn't do anything! I wish I was given the option to go without food along with sleep deprivation, let me go to work for the day, then to the gym for a hard workout then return back to the hospital, and play video games until bedtime . . . now that might have triggered something to happen. Sorry folks, but lazing around in a hospital bed is not going to bring on a seizure for me! I was in for two weeks and nothing. Two days after release, I had 3 in one night. Go figure.

I agree with Nakamova. Sleep deprivation is the number 1 thing my neurologist warns me about! Don't sleep! My other specific triggers are chocolate and stress. I think it's the saccharin in the chocolate and artificial sweeteners for me but it sure as well can be the aspartame. I just stay away from chocolate and artificial products, period(except on weekends ;) So eat and drink up! My other trigger is anxiety. So don't stay calm. Good luck : )

Back
Top Bottom