update.. it's been a while

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chris515

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I hope you guys remember me, it's been a very long time. I hope everyone's been doing well.

I sorta went off the grid for a very long time. shut down my facebook, any sort of social media, etc. Just talked with my immediate family and friends, and basically lived in my head.

Anyways. I've been doing alright. My seizures have increased in the last 6 months on average. hopefully it's just an anomaly.

I did have a seizure at work last week and today's my first day back. Thank God I managed to get on the floor before it started so I didn't fall and hit my head. But it still sucked to say the least.

It happened when I was alone there. In my post ictal state, unknowingly full of blood, wandered three floors down to the security desk. Which is crazy when normally I can barely stand up after a tc. The fellow there walked me back up to my office and thankfully a coworker came in shortly after. The security guard was incredibly confused but my coworker knew about my epilepsy at least. She called my wife and drove me home.

It was a long ride home. I managed to throw up all over my self, but I don't think I got much in her car. And no blood on the carpet at work! Small victories, right?

Well that's all for now. Back to work.

Chris

Welcome back, Chris. Some of us oldies are still here doing 'bout the same. Sorry to hear about your seizure.

Hang in there!

Could have been worse than the throwing up. You could have got incontinent. That really sucks. Happened to me a couple times with my grand mals.

Sorry about the seizures increasing. Hope all gets better.

Welcome back, Chris. Some of us oldies are still here doing 'bout the same. Sorry to hear about your seizure.

Hang in there!

Hey Cint, it's good to see you again! Hope you're doing well.

Had another incident at work today. Had a cp in the middle of the office 5 minutes after starting the day and then went home. geez.

Hey Chris! Welcome back and thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that your seizures are on the upswing at the moment. Fingers-crossed that the spring weather will change things in the right direction.

In my post ictal state, unknowingly full of blood, wandered three floors down to the security desk.
I had a tonic-clonic at my family home where I broke a glass cabinet and slashed my leg. I "came to" in the laundry room in the basement -- apparently I'd semi-consciously wandered down two flights of stairs in search of a way to clean up the blood on my leg and my clothes.

Hi Chris, I'm glad you checked in, but sad to hear your seizures have increased and about last week.

I always think of you when I hear Oasis on the radio. Hope you stick around. :)

Hi Chris, it's always good to hear from folks who have been away for a while.

Sorry to hear about your seizure activity. :(

We're heading out of Winter and into Spring. Hopefully that will afford you more opportunity to get some sunshine (and produce some vitamin D). Not saying this is necessarily the case with you (ie. reason for increased seizure activity), but it couldn't hurt.

Thanks for the support everyone. It's good to see you all again! I'm definitely planning on sticking around.

CathyAnn - very cool that you remember that! You're sweet. :)

Nakamova - I'm sorry to hear about that seizure, sounds rough. I don't know how on earth we managed to go down stairs in post ictal!

Back
Top Bottom