Update on mold

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cateyes64

New
Reaction score
I think this site hates me. I always have the darndest time signing on. Anyway, here's the update on the mold situation. We're moving. Also, since 28 JAN I have had two more seizures. That brings the total to 12 this year. I had the other two on Sunday. This is very frustrating; they all occur at home while I'm walking on the stairs. Coincidence? I tend to hurt myself during seizures, to include breaking eyeglasses and experience vision changes. How many of you have experienced this? Also since 28 JAN I haven't had this many seizures in several years. What is going on? My neurology team said I definitely have epileptic seizures, not pseudoseizures. They said my seizures have changed, but nobody knows why? Perhaps the mold?

Thanks,
Adriana

Some would argree, but it could be the stress of the mold.I am always intereted in vision-What visual changes do you have?Stairs have depth perception I can't always et riht in my brain and forget escalators that move and have depth-it's asure I won't make it to the top.

I think this site hates me. I always have the darndest time signing on.

:( Send me a PM and tell me what happens when you try to log in. Maybe I can help you troubleshoot the problem.

... They said my seizures have changed, but nobody knows why? ...

FWIW, my wife has had changes to her seizure patterns many times over the years, including changes to the types of seizures she experienced, the timing/pattern of the seizures, the frequency of the seizures and the intensity/severity of the seizures. Most of the time, the changes have coincided with changes in her approach to managing the seizures.

Sometimes seizures change patterns with aging, due to changes in metabolism or hormones. As we age, it gets hard for our bodies to absorb nutrients from food. It could also be something circulation-related if going upstairs is a definite trigger. Since you're moving, at least you'll get a sense of how big a role your environment plays. Good luck with the move!

Sometimes seizures just get worse over time. It's just the way it is. Especially if dosage needs to be adjusted, or if the seizures aren't treated or aren't adequately treated.

Back
Top Bottom