Update: Mood, Move, etc

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yes I like that. I am watching lots of documentaries now about the ancient world (i know that makes me sound stogy and old.) but its like i never heard of Rome before! So it is fun. Hehe

Janus, have you ever seen The Private Life of Plants? It's my favourite documentary series. It's much like being introduced to aliens that live here on earth--with David Attenborough's humour. Come to think of it, that's what I'm going to move onto next. Here's a short clip. Not the best of the series but it gives you an idea.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p004gx5p

That is when you really clean house, throwing things away. Yard sales are popular in my neighborhood. I do not do it. I guess they need the money. So do I!!

I'm really horrible that way: I throw everything in the trash bin when I move.

Hi, Kirsten
Big day for you today!! Exciting :) Good luck with the move. Let me know when you are settled in!

Hi, Jen

Yes, I've been up and about since 5 am. Mainly I'm just looking forward to laying down my head in my new bedroom later when I've done all this moving! I'm so tired. I woke up panicked to find the first heavy rain of autumn had come and how was I going to move my appliances in this weather? but the hour by hour report says there is only a 5% chance of rain at 13:00 when the movers arrive, so I'm sure it'll be fine. To make it all so much better, the book I've been waiting on for three months arrived at the library so tonight's relaxing is going to be a million times better!

Hello! Welcome to the first full day in your new place! I hope everything went well, and that you are enjoying your book. :)

Hi, Kirsten
I love reading a long-anticipated book! Which one is it? I can't imagine a better way to relax after a long day. Enjoy!
How was the first night in your new place? Lots of new sounds to get used to or were you too tired to notice?
I didn't realize you were having to move appliances, too. That really adds to the time of the move.
Now that you are in your new place, I hope you can slow your pace a little and take your time getting settled. Last time I moved I think I got rid of more stuff as I was unpacking than when I packed it up lol!
Enjoy your new home :)

Thanks for remembering my move! It's lovely to have you 'here' through it. Time zones are different here, so it's now 19:20 on the eve of my move. I didn't label any of my boxes like I usually do so I had to unpack absolutely everything today to unearth my meds, pots, and PC. I have the PC hooked up (clearly.) My internet seems a bit slow in this little pocket of suburbia so hopefully it won't be a hassle. My speakers are gone! No music, no movies! My movers were absolute honeys except at the end when one of them made a pass at me. Not my type unfortunately. The sounds are actually lovely here. There seems to be a playground somewhere nearby so earlier on there were children playing.

The book I've been waiting for is the pre-se-quel of Oryx and Crake. It's called The Year of the Flood. It tells the story before Oryx and Crake but works as a sequel. I highly recommend the series--there are three of them. Next to life of Pi, it's the most unusual series I've ever read.

Thankfully no work has come through for me tomorrow so I can take the day off, which is desperately needed at this point. One client was thoughtful enough to assign some work only for the following day. Sweetheart!

Oh, my aching feet.

The previous tenant left the place in a mess so the landlord is having someone come in to clean tomorrow. It's actually lucky because moving in creates it's own mess and now I don't have to clean that up!

I so love my bedroom. It's upstairs and it's one of those sweet little loft bedrooms with the pointy roof and railing. I'm going to love it here. And I'm going to start a garden on my balcony, black fingers and all.

I found the speakers in the washing machine. Only I would put speakers in a washing machine and then forget I had.

I'm glad you found your speakers . . . and before you turned your washing machine on! Things like that happen when we're distracted and have too much on our minds. My brother thought for months he had lost his wallet - got new ID and everything, and all of the sudden today his wallet showed up. Guess where? In the little-used cupboard he stores his car-battery charger! Must have put it down when he used the charger or something, thinking he would grab it when he put the charger back!
It sounds like such a nice place you have moved to. I'm glad you are so happy :hugs: Your bedroom sounds like it will be a real oasis.
Have you done any gardening before? Will you plant flowers as well as a few veggies? I sometimes grow leaf lettuce on my balcony in the Spring and Summer, as well as tomatoes.
I have heard of Oryx and Crake, but haven't read the series. I just may give it a try.
Enjoy your day off!

I lose things like that too. I always take my medicines with me in my purse. I don't want them lost or stolen. Here in CA, people will steal medicines. They are expensive and a new pharmacy calls the old pharmacy and finds out when my meds are due to be refilled.

I am glad you have such a nice place. Grow some tomatoes or something you love for a snack. You can grow herbs, etc.

Have fun and let us know how things are going!!

Okay...let's see if I can remember everything I need to say.

I have tried gardening before. I once had a place with a 'garden' that was just hard, hard soil and nothing else. I bought some plants and one of those tiny tiny forks and thought that'd be sufficient to make a garden. I got one square inch of soil softened and then gave up. I also got given a pot plant two years back, which promptly died. I took it to the nursery owner and he said it had parasites. That's why I say I have black fingers. But when I was a kid, I was a very successful gardener. I once grew a geranium bush out of a a cutting, and it still grows in my mom's garden. So there must be something in me that can make green things grow. This morning a couple of black birds perched on my balcony, which made me decide that I'm going to make a garden that attracts birds. I don't know what sort of plants attract birds but I do have a friend who does, so I'll get some advice. Herbs are my thing. I love cooking but I always thought it was pointless to grow my own because of the sheer quantities I use. I'd strip one bush in a night.

Oryx and Crake is a sort of post apocalyptic fantasy but not in the way popular fiction does it, so don't let that put you off. It's amazingly sweet and creative and it's an easy read.

I sort of got my internet sorted out. I changed ISPs. Signal keeps cutting me off but I'll just have to cope with it.

The place is looking far better. The cleaner has finished the bottom floor and now she's moved upstairs. I'm looking forward to an evening in my lovely, clean home. I'm completely exhausted still and every muscle is sore, even in my fingers. Never had sore finger muscles before. Pretty odd. I decided to do tomorrow's work today while the cleaner was here so I could sleep on my day off. I really need it.

Here's an idea!! I love hummingbirds.

Here are a couple of links on how to plant and what plants to buy.

http://www.hummingbirds.net/attract.html

http://www.almanac.com/content/plants-hummingbirds

I have wanted to plant for hummingbirds for years. I do not know why I never got around to it. They are so beautiful. You cannot use pesticides. They need to eat the insects that are in the plant.

Hope I have been of some help. Take it easy and rest.

:hello: Kirsten - I'm not much of a gardener, either. To say I have black fingers is putting it mildly Lol! Most of it is my fault, as I forget to feed or water the plants I have a couple of houseplants but I don't have an appropriate balcony to grow outdoor things on - just not the right exposure and very small. But that's okay, as I live on a river boardwalk and the city workers plant beautiful gardens along there so I can enjoy Spring and Summer flowers and get my exercise at the same time!
I'm glad the weather cooperated for your move. Wish I could have been there to help with the cleaning.
I just washed my car today - gave me an amazing feeling of accomplishment I've been missing for a long time. Doesn't sound like much compared to what you've been doing (!) but I've missed that feeling you get when you do something, finish it, and are happy with the results. So many things for me are in limbo right now, and now I feel more upbeat about everything :)
Have you been enjoying your Oryx and Crake prequel?

We don't get hummingbirds here but there's a slim chance I may be able to attract some sunbirds, and I'm pretty sure they like the same plants hummingbirds do.

I'm not doing well with the prequel. I've read the first two chapters three times and still haven't absorbed anything so I'm lowering my ambitions to television.

I just figured out part of my problem. I refilled my meds box incorrectly. I forgot to add my morning phenytoin dose, so I haven't been taking it since Monday. Dumbo.

It's easy to forget something when you have moved. Just take the usual dose everyday. Don't try to take them all at once. I mean the days you forgot.

It sounds like you are all right. How are you feeling?

Hi, Kirsten;
Missing medications doses is easy to do when we're really busy. Keep extra safe! Maybe that is why you've been having trouble getting into your new book - not concentrating, or mini-seizures or something. Did you work today?

Back
Top Bottom