Update: Mood, Move, etc

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've been feeling drowsy and I took the day off yesterday. I woke up feeling horrible but an hour later I'm not feeling so bad. I'm going to do the bare minimum of work today and hope that by Monday I've got my energy back. It should go that way given that before the move I was feeling quite well. I have to go to my pharmacy to pick up my monthly script but I have no idea how to get there from here. Once I've gone and come back I'll feel far more grounded. I tend to feel quite lost when I haven't found my bearings. The apartment was taken furnished and I was hoping I could convince the owner to remove his furniture. It was far easier than I thought. I just said, "You know, you should sell this stuff on Gumtree." That was it. He's going to do it. Once his stuff is out I can get all my furniture properly set out, make an office for myself and really feel at home. I'm looking forward to being properly settled in.

Maybe he was looking for an excuse to get rid of the furniture. Good for you, you gave it to him.

Having your own furniture is better. My husband and I only rented one apartment that was furnished. Never again!! I like having my own stuff. It is more homey. I do not have to worry about scratching someone else's furniture. Then, having to pay for it.

Here is how I see your home:

OUR SECRET CORNER

WE INVITE EVERY ONE TO COME
AND WELCOME EVERY ONE
WE TALK TO EVERYONE
IN OUR SECRET CORNER

WE REST IN OUR COMFY CHAIRS
WE TALK TOGETHER
WE DRINK TOGETHER
WE EAT FOOD TOGETHER
IN OUR SECRET CORNER

WE LAUGH TOGETHER
WE SHED TEARS TOGETHER
WE PRAISE ONE ANOTHER
IN OUR SECRET CORNER

THIS IS OUR SECRET CORNER
RUTH BROWN DECEMBER 26,2008

I'm glad you started to feel better. Have you picked up the prescription? Did you have to walk or can you drive?
I agree; it will definitely feel more like home when more of your own things are there.
Enjoy your day, and continue to feel better:hugs:

What a gorgeous poem, Ruth!I love it.

I discovered that my pharmacy and the main mall are seriously easy to get to, so I'm happy about that, and yes, it's all sorted. I walk and use public transport. I've never been seizure free long enough to start driving. I've pretty much given up on it now. My mom offered me her little car and I thought it'd be pretty pointless to take it so I told her to pass it on to my sister.

I ended up doing a full day's work. I guess I'll feel better about myself for having done that and hit my goal.

I am glad that you liked my poem.

I do not drive either. I never have. Glad that you made your goal.

Back
Top Bottom