Use your doctors website!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I used to always call my neuro with questions or problems I was having. I'd usually get a reply back in a few days. At my last visit my neuro asked me to sign up for the web site that their office uses.

I was having a problem two days ago and sent a message to him. I got an answer back the very next day! I couldn't believe it! I don't think it has to go through the secretary at the front desk first, it goes directly to the dr. I know if it was something more severe than the question I'd asked he would have called but at least he got the message faster.

I also on the web site my neuro uses I can ask for any type of refills that I need. I haven't used it yet but I believe the refill gets phoned right into the pharmacy within a day or two. If I call on the phone it can take up to a week at times.

So if your dr has any type of web site to use for problems you hare having or things that you need then use it! It's great!

Hey Girl ! Hi ...
We have something like that at the V.A. Medical center....
Secure Mail... has all my docs to send info and can order meds online and delivered in a few days.
I love it !
Cheers !

Last edited:
valeriedl

That is a good idea, I wonder if there is anything like that with me.

I
also on the web site my neurologist uses I can ask for any type of refills that I need. I haven't used it yet but I believe the refill gets phoned right into the pharmacy within a day or two. If I call on the phone it can take up to a week at times.
We use this system on our doctors website for several years now. All former prescriptions are registered, I just have to choose those from a menu. When needed I can adjust the amount, frequency of use etc. I get a confirmation by e-mail after sending the digital order in. The pharmacy receives the order directly from the doctor by e-mail and delivers it at our home, most times it is delivered the same day of one day after ordering.

Yes, we have a website like that at my daughter's hospital. I LOVE it! I will also use it when I don't have a question but just want to send her neuro an update. I can include as much detail as I think is important without worrying that it will get lost in a long phone message or rushed conversation. Every message gets screened, but they are passed along to her doctor on the same day and I almost always get a response within 12-48 hours. I was even able to upload school forms to the site which saved us all tons of time since faxes seem to take forever to get to the right person.

The thing that I really like - and I think her neuro likes this as well - is then we have a permanent record in writing of our concerns and his recommendations. It keeps misunderstandings down to a minimum, and allows our conversations and appointments to be much more productive.

I am going to find out if my doctors have a website!!

Back
Top Bottom