VEEG/stuffed animal and cartoon PJ's study

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sjconner

New
Reaction score
After my trip to Denver, when I saw my neuro, I told him that my 9 year old daughter made me take her stuffed pony. "So I wouldn't be lonely." He laughed and asked me if I took it to my appointment. I told him ... "No!!! I almost hid it somewhere in the house so that I wouldn't have to take it." However, for the most part, I am the painted macaroni and bead necklace wearing kinda mom.

Apparently some sort of study was done at an/several epilepsy monitoring unit(s) that included stuffed animals and cartoon pajamas. He said that the results showed that about 90% of adult patients who showed up for VEEG with their stuffed animal and/or wearing pj's with cartoons on them ended up having non-epileptic seizures. I think he said PNES but we were giggling so I am not sure. He said the study was fairly well known in neuro type circles.

This is hilarious! I didn't take a stuffed animal with me to my VEEG and I chose to wear hospital PJs since I could more readily get clean ones than if I had my own. But, I did take my own pillow with me and the cover happened to have a couple of faded cartoon sheep on it. I didn't turn out to have PNES, so maybe pillows don't count lol!

No pillows don't count ... must be furry and/or worn on the body. :roflmao:

I think they should expand the study to include other variables -- for instance, bringing your cat. Or a baby panda. While wearing underoos...

I just wonder who had the time to go through the records of what people brought to the hospital and what the outcome of their stay was.

Hmmmm. I wonder what they will look at next?

:noevil:

I just wonder who had the time to go through the records of what people brought to the hospital and what the outcome of their stay was.

To do that and analyze who brought a stuffed toy with them and who didn't . . . I'd have to say someone with too darned much time on their hands!!

Back
Top Bottom