Very tired after simple partial seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Beanogirl

New
Reaction score
My seizures seem to come in clusters. I had 3 early this morning. One woke me up around 2am, another one came around 7am and finally the last one at 9am. It's almost 1:30pm and I am still exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open. I have 3 kids here under the age of 7 so I have to stay awake. It seems if I have one episode I get a little tired and dizzy but when I have a few in a short period its really hard for me to function. I'm pregnant so I'm not on meds right now. Anyone else feel like this after a seizure? How long does it last for you?

Beanogirl,

I have simple and complex partials, and I get really tired after mine, too. If I've had several, or an aura on and off all day, it takes me about a day to recover.

Most of my night seizures wake me up. I suspect some don't because I'm so wiped out the next morning. It's like I've been drugged. It's not the normal tired - you all know what I mean. This can also take about a day to clear. By the next morning I'm pretty okay.

Is there a way you can have a relief plan for your really tired days? Someone to watch the kids, especially in summer? There are lots of teen girls that would either like a good job reference, or some extra money. Lots of moms of preteen or teenage girls would like them to just have a place to go during the day while the mom is at work. Helping you out as volunteer work would suit them just fine.

Good places to find teenagers like this are neighbors, school chums of your older children who have older siblings, and/or groups of moms you hang out with that are of a similar/like mind (like mountaineers, church, kids' swimming lessons, etc.)

Please rest up as much as you can.

<<< hugs >>>

I ended up having a 4th episode in the afternoon. I was dizzy and sooo tired all day. Today I haven't had any so far and I'm not as tired but I do feel a little off. Everything looks "different" to me. It is hard to explain. Hopefully it doesn't last all day and I can be some what productive.

Usually when I have a seizure I'll pass out after it and sleep for hours. Then the next day I'll pretty much sleep most of the day too.

It's got to be hard having to take care of kids when your are about ready to pass out. Get as much sleep as you can.

I had a cluster during bed/morning/day aftershockxlexezzles the night-day after you
and it seemed true that one big one and I've been knocked out - but a cluster like this one (which seemed unique to me in type) or smaller ones just make things seem really screwy for a while
a tidal wave vs. waves from a hurricane offshore right?

Back
Top Bottom