Coping With Epilepsy Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Foundation
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Joined the Party

Very tired after simple partial seizures

My seizures seem to come in clusters. I had 3 early this morning. One woke me up around 2am, another one came around 7am and finally the last one at 9am. It's almost 1:30pm and I am still exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open. I have 3 kids here under the age of 7 so I have to stay awake. It seems if I have one episode I get a little tired and dizzy but when I have a few in a short period its really hard for me to function. I'm pregnant so I'm not on meds right now. Anyone else feel like this after a seizure? How long does it last for you?
Add Post to del.icio.usStumble this Post!Reddit!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator / Even Keel

Thanked 1,224 Times in 949 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Beanogirl,

I have simple and complex partials, and I get really tired after mine, too. If I've had several, or an aura on and off all day, it takes me about a day to recover.

Most of my night seizures wake me up. I suspect some don't because I'm so wiped out the next morning. It's like I've been drugged. It's not the normal tired - you all know what I mean. This can also take about a day to clear. By the next morning I'm pretty okay.

Is there a way you can have a relief plan for your really tired days? Someone to watch the kids, especially in summer? There are lots of teen girls that would either like a good job reference, or some extra money. Lots of moms of preteen or teenage girls would like them to just have a place to go during the day while the mom is at work. Helping you out as volunteer work would suit them just fine.

Good places to find teenagers like this are neighbors, school chums of your older children who have older siblings, and/or groups of moms you hang out with that are of a similar/like mind (like mountaineers, church, kids' swimming lessons, etc.)

Please rest up as much as you can.

<<< hugs >>>
Old 07-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Joined the Party

I ended up having a 4th episode in the afternoon. I was dizzy and sooo tired all day. Today I haven't had any so far and I'm not as tired but I do feel a little off. Everything looks "different" to me. It is hard to explain. Hopefully it doesn't last all day and I can be some what productive.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Venerable Voice of CWE

Usually when I have a seizure I'll pass out after it and sleep for hours. Then the next day I'll pretty much sleep most of the day too.

It's got to be hard having to take care of kids when your are about ready to pass out. Get as much sleep as you can.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Venerable Voice of CWE

I had a cluster during bed/morning/day aftershockxlexezzles the night-day after you
and it seemed true that one big one and I've been knocked out - but a cluster like this one (which seemed unique to me in type) or smaller ones just make things seem really screwy for a while
a tidal wave vs. waves from a hurricane offshore right?