video eeg?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cool1984

New
Reaction score
hi all,
i am going for a 5day eeg start the 9th of may 2010 week before my 26th bithday my seizure have been getting a lot more frequen. so there doing a 5 day eeg

i went for a pre eeg video just around 1 month ago.

who here had a video eeg?

take care
caz x x

:ponder:I had a 5 day that turn into a 7 day in Jan. We got lots and lots of information.. I live in Charleston SC so I was at MUSC here. My laptop was a saving grace. I had most of the time without sleep so I would chat in the E chat rooms all night long getting all kinds of advice and encouragement from others around the globe. It was great. Nothing like bitching to people who have walked in your shoes. Bring lots of snack food, books, movies to watch. Get some take out menues from restaurants around the hospital ahead of your stay and bring money, The hospital food will make you sick. Arrange for friends to stop by to make fun of you and your new dew... even send them pictures from your phone to intice them to see the real thing. If ya can't laugh at youself and the obserdity of it all, oh well... Its just real uncomfortable. Hope you have all the seizures they need right away so you can leave sooner.. Good luck sally

HI ya Caz..May 9th around your birthday.. dang.. sorry hon.

I am awaiting my approval to set up my 3-5 day Video EEG. Its good what Sally told us.. wondered if you can have your laptop..thought I read how having it plugged in would be a problem and could only run on battery.

Then I read from somewhere that you need to bring in your own plug in strip to charge your phone and laptop.

I know hospital food can get to you. Thanks Sally for the helpful hints. Want to talk in chat rooms too ..which ones did you talk with??

So.. Caz.. if I am in when you are.. maybe WE can compare notes??

Not looking forward to this. and hopefully they WILL get some info.
Was not sure they would as I do not have TCs..

Hope more will respond to your post..I need answers too.

Like.. can you get out of bed much? I have such a bad back laying all the time would make that worse.

Thanks Caz..let's stay in touch.. remind me when you are going in ok?

Warmy, Jan

Jan and caz,
I was given about 15-20 feet of wire to move to the bathroom and the chair next to the bed. The bed and Chair were on constent monitoring. I had to have my companion with me at all times to lighten the stress on the staff. This was my partner. She left the room maybe 8 times a day for a short walk and to pick up food when we didn't have it delivered. The hospital provided food for both of us but it was soooo bad that I felt guilty that she had to eat it. I thought the food would cause the seizures. Anyway, they don't want you doing jumping jacks but they don't want you to have an embolisim either. so some moving around is acceptable. Remember you are going to be sponge bathing for the duration. You will have to wear button up shirts at all times. I found mens PJ's the best. Just bought a bunch and wore them like gym suits all day and night. The "bed" for the companion was a fold out chair that was horrible if you have to bring a companion than get an egg crate matress or an inflatable one and keep it in the car in case you need it with your own pillows for both of you it will make a big difference. If you both like cards or puzzles bring them. Cheak with the hospital for the rules on the lap tops. Mine was great and was internet accessable... all y-fI. I chatted on Myepolipesy.com but I was new to all this and didn't know other sites yet. I wish you both luck.
sally

Hi, Cool.

I had a 5-day.

What I WASN'T allowed to do: I wasn't allowed to move out of bed except to use the restroom. I wasn't allowed to plug in electronics, except in the bathroom (it interferes with the sensors). So bring lots of battery-powered toys, like your laptop, ipod, cellphone, cd player and videos, etc. I did isometrics in bed just to keep my muscles toned.

What I WAS allowed to do: have family bring me take-out food from local restaurants, play with the above mentioned toys, have visitors, and that's about it. I had a huge migraine most of the time I was there so I didn't feel like doing much of anything.

Be sure to bring about a half cup of some kind of oil from home to get the glue off your head when it's all over. It can be olive oil, baby oil, mayonaise, or whatever else. Massage it into your scalp and work the little pieces of glue between your fingers until they break up. Leave it on your head for at least a half hour. Then shampoo. After you shampoo what looks like really bad dandruff is just the leftover glue. When you get home oil your head up again, massage in, shampoo, and you should be good to go.

Good luck. Nothing hurts. It's just boring as all get out.

I have

had multiple 5 day EEGs. However, mine have been AMBULATORY. In other words, I got to WEAR the blessed things....wherever I wanted, to do whatever I wanted. Yup. Of course, I wore a bandana to cover the leads up in public, but other than that, carried on with my normal daily routine.

I wish you luck with it. Just make sure you have plenty of entertainment with you!

Take care!

Meetz
:rock:

Rebecca only had a 24 hr VEEG but it showed nothing.

Back
Top Bottom