Video EEG: Any tips for provoking seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dagmar

New
Reaction score
I agreed to a Video EEG, and I don't want it to be a waste of time (my seizures are quite infrequent, and they can't schedule around my period -- the most seizure-prone time) Beyond staying up the night before, which I plan on doing, any other ideas?

For me, its lack of sleep and stress that brings on the seizures the most. I had a VEEG done in March 2011, and my first night I got to sleep when i wanted. The second night, I had to stay up til 3am. I had seizures that night and the next day.

Im in the same boat as you ... They Cant schedule mine round my period and the last two weeks i been having about 3 partials a night ..but i found out thats cause i was on metronidazole (antibiotic) ...as soon as i stopped my seizures started to stop :)

I know that Dont really help you i kinda just went off and ranted ...

When is your video eeg ?? Do any foods triger your seizures ??

Jayde,
I read about your experience in your previous post. There's no way they can schedule around my period, either. I got a seizure once from a relaxing drink (lavender tea), although that was during my cycle, as well.

The VEEG will be later next week.

I'm glad that figured what your trigger was, and hope you're feeling better?

Ah, yes, KristenL -- staying up! It's only for 24 hours, so maybe I'll stay up the night before.

Aspartame and low blood sugar are some of my triggers. Maybe you can binge out on Diet Coke and skip a few meals...

Nakamova--
Low blood sugar can be pretty effective. And it's been awhile since I've had Diet Coke. Might give it a go.

Yeah, staying up, and not getting enough sleep, for me always does the trick! I was on two seizure medications before my VEEG, then after being released, i was put on one. Just the difference in going from two medications down to one, just not getting enough sleep, I can feel the symptoms of a seizure coming on.

Are you on The Pill, by chance? You can "schedule" your periods by delaying the sugar pills until the week of your appt.

Back
Top Bottom