The Waiting Game

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AndrewIrish

Stalwart
Reaction score
It struck me a moment ago that very probably the worst thing about epilepsy is it's buildup. I have been tc-free for 3 months now but I could have a vicious seizure tomorrow and every day after that or never again in my life have one. I hope for the latter and assume I'll have just a few tc's a year as per the 'norm.' It's that long waiting between each one that makes me itchy and nervous tho - even in good periods I find myself waiting for the other show to drop. Anyone know what I mean?

This is how I was feeling... Of course, I've only had a few T/Cs ever - two on the same day and then two years later I had another. After the first ones I thought it was a never again thing... After I had another one and got diagnosed, I started actually worrying about them, especially if I've had a particularly strong aura.

I know what you mean. I may go three weeks without a seizure (which for me is REALLY good) and I just know that next seizure is going to come soon and when it does it's going to be a pretty bad one......... Generaly the longer I go in between seizures the worse the next one is. But when is it going to get here???

I usually have one TC a year. Those are the really fun ones to wait for. I usually end up in the ER when I have those.

Sometimes I wish there was a button to push to make that seizure come so the wait will be over! But I'd just start waiting for the next one to be on it's way then.

Back
Top Bottom