weird - seizures again last night

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
I've had quite a few simple/partial/complex (not sure) over the past few days

two things:
when I went to the ER postictal a while back I seem to have gotten under the impression that what they were talking with me about was somehow controlling my life - describing what I may experience as seizures as their ability to somehow control my seizures
I was totally out of it when I was there and they were describing this very complex stuff to "me"
I've been traumatized since, frankly, and am never going back to an ER again for epilepsy related issues - I'm still getting over the whole ordeal
it seems to take me a few seizures to realize that this is happening to me - they are not causing this to me

and because I'm relatively new to diagnosis I've been coping with the reality/nonreality aspects of these seizures also

are there typical psychological realization issues for a late-onset epilepsy?
I don't recall having "Seizures" other than maybe shortly prior to 2008.

frankly it all seems much more clarified after seizure periods, in dealing with the "yeah this really exists" thing I go through sometimes between seizures when I feel like an idiot making these things up - and being a dick to y'all

is there any information tying in earthquakes/geomagnetic incidents with seizures? it really seems I've coincided with these Virginia quakes in an overall way - I even guessed there must have been an aftershock
I am on the Caribbean plate with Virginia afterall
ULF?
afterall, the frequency (pitch) of two things under tensile/compressive strain rises when that strain rises - until the point of breakage/slippage, which we call an earthquake

any info other than NeuroNotes'?
I love you NeuroNotes but I'd like add'l info aside from yours
or do people generally in a scientific basis concur with her info?

p.s. what types of seizures do these sound like?
freefalling sensation along with the "dejavu" thing - conscious but in the back of my head, apart from 'that' out in the world - it seems I can even almost come out of it - but it feels like it needs to complete for best results, to release all of the pressure or whatever - also gibberish talking - I even gibberish texted yesterday - I knew what "I" was doing (I think - I believe I was not vocalizing at the restaurant, or doing motions), but words made zero sense, like that part of my brain was not in access(?) - also often the I get very hand repetitive - I'm a guitarist so I'm always pretty repetitive with my hands, and obsessed with my nails - but this is a tactile sort of thing - an ordering sort of thing, like assembling an order using my hands(not like a business order, like a physical/numerological ordering - and no it's different than a guitar thing)
also the gibberishy thing seems to come from what seems like a separation between the "thing : name : association" things in the world - everything loses its association -

lasts maybe between 15 seconds to a minute

I mean, in part, I could swear seizures often nudge somewhere within the "enlightened" release that spiritual prophets etc. talk about - it's a non-associative thing completely and frankly it's another reason I don't like to fight them (the other types I've obviously had were tonic-clonic, which I have had no say in whatsoever) and just see what happens, although it can be scary as shit - because it's really not an of-this-world feeling

this question may still be a little gibberishy
lol
but man I've felt really energized today, and optimistic

Just wanted to let you know that someone cares and I'll be praying.

I, too am interested in what you call psychological realization issues for late-onset.I swear i had funny things all my life,but I was diagnosed after a tia in 2008 at age 44.Have pretty much lost everything dealing with this and work and money like most people,but my main concern is my mind.I just cant live with these memory issues and wacky thoughts-I see a psych but it doesnt help.

Back
Top Bottom