weird symptoms I had before I learned I had E

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

annietn41

New
Reaction score
I have no idea if this is related to E and I've never asked my neuro. He's not very talkative and I probably should find another one but all I need is my meds.

I would be sitting in front of the computer working and all of a sudden I would feel like I was shrinking. I would literally be able to look up and see the computer. Super strange. Also at night when I went to bed I would feel a sensation on the back of my head like it "fell asleep" - like when your hand falls asleep then like someone was squeezing it. It never hurt. I know this has to have something to do with E because since I"ve been on meds it hasn't happened. Does this sound like some kind of seizure activity to you? E can do some super weird stuff to you can't it?

Rita

With my seizures I get that feeling you described at the on the back of the head but with me the sensation sort of comes in waves or pulses. When I was younger it felt like it was moving from the back of the head forward to the temples in waves.

Sitting in front of the computer I get more of a euphoric feeling like I'm in a dream. Usually if I feel that it means I"m going to have a seizure soon though sometimes I can fight it off.

The sensations may well have been auras. E can definitely show up in weird ways. Before I ever was dianosed with E, I had very occasional migraine-like auras -- flashing lights in front of my eyes, and very rarely my arm would twitch. And in the year leading up to the t-cs that led to the E diagnosis, I also had intermittent strong tensing on the left side of my body. Nothing that seemed important enough to pay attention to. All of those symptoms disappeared with the tonic-clonics, and with the subsequent medication, so my guess is that they were simple partials that evolved into the full-blown seizures.

I also had abdominal seizures before I got on meds - have had a few of those since but very rarely. Those are super weird!!

Rita

Back
Top Bottom