Well it's really gone pear shaped now

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Buddy's owner

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
A bit off topic but most of this is to do with epilepsy. Mum phoned the doctors and stupid head receptionist who has a bad attitude issue with people decides she can't give mum a telephone consultation because she according to the system can't make phone calls to the doctors on my behalf, been with them for 29 years and never had an issue so why is it a problem now. Regarding my tegretol of course as the wrong release was giving me bad side effects. Then I go to dermatology to discover after getting my sub acute lupus under controll with mepacrine I now have sub acute lupus and medication induced lupus the medication induced lupus being caused by tegretol so he advised me to stop tegretol well fine I was on the last dose I was on 2 years ago when they stopped it so not taking that now and my dermatologist is writing to neurology to tell them to see me so til then epilepsy is uncontrolled. He said tegretol is a common cause of medication induced lupus. Don't think I'll wait too long as he said he will make a neurologist see me urgently. Mum was sarcastic with the receptionist at the doctors she said oh so when she is having a seizure and you want to talk to her I'll say ok just hang on while she comes out of it and gets back with us which will be in oh I don't know 2 or 3 hours.

That sounds terrible all around. :(
Maybe your mother could pretend to be you on the phone?

That sounds terrible all around. :(
Maybe your mother could pretend to be you on the phone?

That wouldn't work with her sadly she knows mums voice. We call that woman who calls herself the manager the rottweiler, we are putting a complaint in about her. We do love rottweilers we just don't like this rottweiler that's her nickname. If she growls at us again I'll muzzle her myself. She is just awful. My dermatologist though he is lovely he doesn't just write me off because I have special needs. He listens to you and he would be fuming at the rottweiler too. When I finally get sorted I can see me posting a few of these.:clap:

With most of my drs you can have a person stated in your records who is able to give and get information from the dr. I have my husband and mother wrote as them. See if you can possibly have that done.

I can also email my neuro from the hospital web site. I've found by doing that I get an answer very quickly.

With most of my drs you can have a person stated in your records who is able to give and get information from the dr. I have my husband and mother wrote as them. See if you can possibly have that done.

I can also email my neuro from the hospital web site. I've found by doing that I get an answer very quickly.

Mum told me it used to be on my records then she came along and suddenly it isn't so we know exactly what she has done. Mum took me a bit before my seizure we waited an hour turned out despite us telling her we were there she deliberately hadn't booked me in as here so the doctor knew. I don't have a neurologist yet but should have one soon.

Back
Top Bottom