Well, no more Keppra XR!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
As of tonight, Im back to taking the Keppra (name brand) 500mg tablets.

Im just praying the headaches dont start up again! I was on the Keppra for over 10 years and suffered with headaches. They were not bad in the beginning, but as the years went on, it got worse. It wasnt til I saw my dr Im seeing now, back in November that he said it was the Keppra that was causing the headaches and switched me to the Keppra XR. Since then, Ive had no headaches at all!

It will take me 3 months to get off of the Keppra and only be on Lamictal.

They are decreasing my dose 250mgs every week til Im completely off. I hope 400mgs of Lamictal each day is going to hold the seizures!

I hope the Lamictal works out too. All this med-swapping is making me dizzy -- I can't imagine what it's doing to you! :)

Oh its giving me a roller coaster ride for sure! I just want the next three months to go by fast and smoothly!

I've heard really good things about lamictal so I'm crossing my fingers for you!

I know how you feel. I am on lamictal, Keppra, and Zonegran. I am so miserable. Good luck! :)

Thank you everyone! Im hoping things work out too with the Lamictal! :)

Back
Top Bottom