Well, that's new!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Ok, some of you might remember me...

I'm using a phone that I hate typing on so this will be short. I am repeating what my husband has told me.

On Friday morning around 3 am I think I had a seizure. It began with s hiccup like action, I was laying on my back. My husband thought I was going to be sick, he asked me questions but I didn't answer. A few minutes later I stretched, he thought I was having a seizure and layed on me (not really sure why he does this). Apparently I said "what are you doing?" Then I started to shiver, I pulled him on top of me and it took a few minutes to stop.

I'm really not sure what that was all about and I don't remember anything about this except about 30 min after this all started he got me to take a bit of ativan.

Thoughts?

The hiccup sounds about right -- seizures are often feature a sharp intake of breath at the start. Maybe you had a cross between a complex partial and a mini tonic-clonic?

I've also had conscious seizures that were like shivering a couple of times, like I had hypothermia type intense shivering. I still don't know what kind of seizure it was, if it was in the partial family or myoclonic, but shivering definitely sounds familiar here.

I remember you,lol My seizure was like a tonic but no unconscious,just shaking.I can remember the cigarette falling onto my white top,the person with me comforting me.Really weird passed pretty quick.Sounds slightly similar to your one one,maybe not.

My doc reckons it's because my meds are right,who knows? Congrats on a year free,same here and nice to see you back!!!

Last edited:
Holy shit.

We ran out for a few last minutes groceries, and on the way home I had this...I don't know how to describe it.

I said to my husband "my brain is still fucked from all those seizures. "

"I still feel...I don't know. But I should take an ativan. At least half of one."

Then the feeling got a lot stronger...

"I should go to the hospital.

I don't want to spend Christmas in the hospital. Lets get home and wait and see first. "

I took half an ativan, dissolved it. And my husband gave me 100mg more Lamictal.

It was terrifying. I have never been that scared before. I can't wait until I can start using my insurance. So fucking scary.

Back
Top Bottom