What is this?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AndrewIrish

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been going through CRAZY STRESS and anxiety lately (I have court tomorrow, might go to jail for driving on a medically suspended license I didn't know was suspended...), and this morning... oh man alive, whammy... my jerks have gotten out of control lately... big big clusters... this morning... I felt so off and so strange... it felt very near to the ONE TIME i correctly predicted a tonic clonic.... I guess an 'aura' maybe? I felt confused, sluggish, extremely tired... my arms felt like they were moving slowly, I had to push my hands inward into my sternum cuz I couldn't control my movements (I had control obviously but it was... like... I was so jittery I felt safer and better by moving my hands into steady positions rather then trying to move them) I've had feelings like this before and chalked it up to myoclonus but it wasn't really jerks... it felt a lot like I was on a 'delay' a tiny milisecond delay and my head was in a fog for the first 2 hours at work... I was so jittery and uneasy and nauseous... it let up over the day and I now feel okay... but I felt 'on the verge', really really.. about to have a tonic clonic come on... don't ask me how, or why I'd know that... but I felt really close to having one...

aura? seizure itself? insanity? lol... what is this? anyone recognize it?

also, this might sound crazy, but I've been having my 'upper lip' start twitching and moving recently of it's own accord which is new and not really important or bothersome... just weird...

If you recognized it enough as you mentioned, I'd be pretty comfortable calling it a simple partial at least. Sounds like a seizure of some sort. Maybe you got the jitters from being scared of having another T/C.

Don't worry about jail time, though. Maybe a fine or a little time at home. I've known people in trouble for much worse and getting off much easier than one would expect. Honest truth is that there is not enough room in prison and the last thing they really want is a guy who (a) is not a threat to anyone and (b) may have a medical issue such as a seizure using resources such as officers who could be dealing with other work.

Chin up, buddy. You've got to answer for what you did, but you'll be fine. Don't stress too much.

Yea, things turned out a bit better...

I ultimately did a plea bargain where essentially I pleaded guilty to leaving my license as at home (I got my license reinstated yesterday as valid right before court)... so all I got was a $100 payout fine. I feel like I really dodged a bullet.

Good to hear. That's less than what a lot of people get for a simple speeding ticket. ;)

Back
Top Bottom