What does it mean when Seizures may be responding to Meds?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

niceguyVZ

New
Reaction score
If you were having very harsh movement seizures but they're controlled significanly( not completly gone but for the most part they are) after a very short period of time after taking the medicine.

Does it mean your Seizures were minor and not significant? And that you shouldn't feel your problem was any serious?

It means the medicine is doing its job, or at least starting to. It doesn't reflect at all the seriousness of the seizures.

If your medicine is working well, I'm very glad to hear that.

My seizures responded right away to meds too. But if I don't take the meds, I will be pulling flippy-floppies (grand mal seizures) all over the place. From my point of view medication-responsiveness is great, but irrelevant to the nature of the underlying disorder. Since untreated seizures can potentially progress, it's definitely important to take so-called "minor" seizures seriously.

And it's worth taking into account quality-of-life issues when thinking about your seizures. From your other posts niceguy, I got the sense that the movement seizures were seriously messing with your enjoyment of life. So it's terrific that they've responded to meds. That's a huge deal. It doesn't really matter what kind of seizures you've been having, whether they are big or small or "serious" or minor. What matters is that you've found some relief.

Back
Top Bottom