What tests for Brain Shrinkage from drugs?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

this is the most extensive thread I have seen regarding long term use of Dilantin which I have been on for about 34 years. My level hangs around 10, and I am told to up my dose - which I do not do. I have some side effects, and would like to switch to a new anti seizure drug, but need to get appt. with a neuro. has been almost ten years since I last saw one. I have some auto immune issues now, which I understand that about 80% of those are diagnosed in women. Along with being female, I have the side effects of a drug to throw into the mix-lucky me!! The thyroid is uh, complex, to the say the very least. My foggy brain only lets me absorb the tip of the iceberg on the loads of info. Money is an issue, as now my health insurance sucketh!
Thanks all for enlightening us on facts and info. Years ago, the only side effect I heard about was the gum over growth. I think I will print all this out and add to my collection of info to show my new neuro when I can go see one.

Back
Top Bottom