Is this what you mean by deja vu?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Prior to having any seizures I remember experience deja vu a number of times. But, on Monday morning, around 8:30 I was sitting at the computer working on a spreadsheet, when out of no where, I am have a major deja vu *feeling*. The problem with calling this deja vu, is that what I was doing wasn't what I was experiencing in my head. I can not recall now what I was actually DOING in the memory, but it was not what I was doing, which is what made me sit back and go "um....what's going on".

My husband handed me an ativan and put me in bed, nothing happened through that night, or all day Tuesday. But on Wednesday at 6 am I had a TC.

My déjà uv don't sound like your.

Everything around me will look as if it has happen before. I can be talking to someone, I will know what they about to say. Then in a min. a seizure will come on. I have had déjà uv with NO seizure.

Sounds like it could have been jamais vu which is like deja vu but kinda the opposite. For me i always feel like i know that i know where i am, who Im with etc... but just can't remember or figure it out. quite hard to explain :-\ sorry to hear about your seizure, hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks for the input all!

I was under the impression that jamais vu was something you were unfamiliar with? In this instance, the "vision" was something I had seen/done/heard before, but it didn't match up with what I was actually seeing/doing/hearing.

I will definitely keep researching, and also keep hoping not to have anymore seizures, but I don't think I"m going to get too lucky there.

That sounds more like a flashback, all be it a benign rather than traumatic one. A flashback is reliving the past in your mind in a way that is so real, it is difficult to separate the flashback from the present. Generally those are trauma related and, quite traumatic to experience but, that need not always be the case.

Interesting perspective Blue, thank you for that. It was not a traumatic flashback, that you're correct about. Now I can't even remember what I was doing in this flashback/deja vu.

I am trying to keep notes on everything, but right now each event is so spread out that it's difficult to even see connections.

I did just read that "Having vivid memory ‘flashbacks’" can be a symptom of a partial seizure.

I did just read that "Having vivid memory ‘flashbacks’" can be a symptom of a partial seizure.

I have what feels like a memory of something that's never happened but is familiar, and for me that is a simple partial seizure - almost like remembering a dream. It sometimes goes into more (dizziness /nausea/fear and on occasion a tonic-clonic seizures ) and other times doesn't progress into more.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Hi Charging Bird
I was a bit curious if you had temporal lobe seizures.
Deja vu, Jamais vu, and Pre-vu (future) are all different auras associated with temporal lobe epilepsy. I believe Deja-vu is an aura for Rett's seizures too. (not sure of others)
I hope your doing well, it gets easier to meander through auras after awhile, I still have
trouble explaining to people while i'm in aura that I have a seizure coming on, glad your hubby picked up on it.

Hi reidflys, this is my 4th seizure, and all of the tests in the hospital after my first were "normal".

Hopefully hubby is always around, I hate to think about when we're apart...then what happens???

Back
Top Bottom