What is your aura like?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

okay yours is harder ;) ummmm

you radiate intensely with your environment! you will discover yourself as a light of great beauty:)

kaleidoscopic array of pure effulgence... or the glow of a flame, or the awakening from the perspective of the human dimension of your being.... One step will lead to a further one.

Love angel

thank you for the:twocents::twocents::twocents:
:star:

So my aura is a kaleidoscopic lights,
so how do you interpret that one?

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

And sometimes it's a tiny dot about the
smaller than the size of the letter "o" that's
nearly pure turquoise, that comes in a split
nano-second and when that one happens
I usually have a seizure coming shortly.

There's your pocket change!

:lol:

someones sending you alot of (((((((((((((((((((healing))))))))))))))

I have a crystal aura :)

can any figure that one out?

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::star:

what are the main colors you see:)

The kaleidoscopic lights?

If I have a mild "hit" - I will only see: Turquoise,Blue, Indigo, Green and White. In those range. They are pure. No zig zags, streaks, but they spiral counter-clockwise motion about 98% of the time and I'm asleep.

(My Neurologists / Epileptologists knew about it; and I've had them since I was a child, I don't get them much anymore partially because I'm on medication. I was untreated when I was a child and teenager, but they still do come once in a blue moon just like a Tonic Clonic (Grand Mal).)

If I have a HARD HIT - which means a nightmare from hell - RED and Orange comes into picture and it becomes HIDEOUS! And in this case thing goes clockwise instead of the usual manner.

Always would wake up drenched in sweat, and having peed on myself, half off and half
on my bed or in weird positions: like all tangled up with the bedcovers, head and arms on floor while legs on bed, or head, arm and leg on floor while remainder on bed; sometimes I would throw up, sometimes I wouldn't. It would be downright embarrassing when I would get out of this. I would have to tear my bed apart, take a bath, and wash everything.

When I was younger, my parents used to have to put plastic everywhere - on the floor, on the bed, everywhere to protect everything. Even when I was married; my ex couldn't understand this, hence why he said I was a "psychiatric" cuckoo.

This did not happen all the time. There was no way of knowing when it would strike, there were no triggers. But once I was put on Dilantin, it did the trick.

But that was when the battle of the Neuros came to being - the other Neuro said I didn't
need Dilantin and took me off, and I was slammed with this; I wanted my Dilantin back. I didn't know there was a connection or tie between the Grand Mal (Tonic Clonic) and the kaleidoscopic lights, and a lot of other things. I didn't understand all of these things.

So it was a very difficult question when a Neurologist asked me what I experienced that
was "abnormal"? To me - everything was "normal". I never knew anything abnormal; I didn't know anything that was normal. So therefore, I could not answer their questions. I thought everyone had it; because their questions they asked me were so vague and not specific.

Last edited:
Angel,

Your auras sound rather beautiful! Do you experience your seizures as pleasant or as a nightmare ? (Apart from the embarrassment of being on the floor and in an inconvenient/unsafe situation, of course.)

I also noticed you were thinking about going off your meds. Me, too! Recently, I got off Tegretol which I had been on for twenty years - and switched to Dilantin. After I got off Tegretol, I immediately became more energetic, more creative, lost ten pounds, and sexual desire came back. It wasn't stopping my seizures anyway. I sort of plan to get off Dilantin bit by bit, to see if I can consciously stop my seizures - or attempt to interpret what they are trying to tell me. Dilantin makes me kind of "stoned", which is nice, but I do need to function in certain situations; also it's hurting my teeth. Anyway, I've learned switching meds can give you a different perspective.

The kaleidoscopic lights?

If I have a mild "hit" - I will only see: Turquoise,Blue, Indigo, Green and White. In those range. They are pure. No zig zags, streaks, but they spiral counter-clockwise motion about 98% of the time and I'm asleep.

(My Neurologists / Epileptologists knew about it; and I've had them since I was a child, I don't get them much anymore partially because I'm on medication. I was untreated when I was a child and teenager, but they still do come once in a blue moon just like a Tonic Clonic (Grand Mal).)

If I have a HARD HIT - which means a nightmare from hell - RED and Orange comes into picture and it becomes HIDEOUS! And in this case thing goes clockwise instead of the usual manner.

Always would wake up drenched in sweat, and having peed on myself, half off and half
on my bed or in weird positions: like all tangled up with the bedcovers, head and arms on floor while legs on bed, or head, arm and leg on floor while remainder on bed; sometimes I would throw up, sometimes I wouldn't. It would be downright embarrassing when I would get out of this. I would have to tear my bed apart, take a bath, and wash everything.

When I was younger, my parents used to have to put plastic everywhere - on the floor, on the bed, everywhere to protect everything. Even when I was married; my ex couldn't understand this, hence why he said I was a "psychiatric" cuckoo.

This did not happen all the time. There was no way of knowing when it would strike, there were no triggers. But once I was put on Dilantin, it did the trick.

But that was when the battle of the Neuros came to being - the other Neuro said I didn't
need Dilantin and took me off, and I was slammed with this; I wanted my Dilantin back. I didn't know there was a connection or tie between the Grand Mal (Tonic Clonic) and the kaleidoscopic lights, and a lot of other things. I didn't understand all of these things.

So it was a very difficult question when a Neurologist asked me what I experienced that
was "abnormal"? To me - everything was "normal". I never knew anything abnormal; I didn't know anything that was normal. So therefore, I could not answer their questions. I thought everyone had it; because their questions they asked me were so vague and not specific.

You guys talk about seizures while sleeping... it has me wondering about my seizures because i wake up sometimes with bruises on my legs usually only happens around my ms.... I've had other things like really weird dreams of bright light feeling like I'm floating ... that time i woke up then went back to sleep.. another time i was just starting lamictal so its been about 8 months since this happened .... I woke from my sleep it felt like my body was stiff and like my legs were moving jerking. it hasn't happened again btw i also had an potty accident which freaked me out..... that time i had really bad bruises black and blue ones on my legs above my knees... I took pictures of them to show the neuro ... they were deleted off my pc somehow so i never did show him i told him about it and he hasn't really said anything about it...... I have bruises on my legs right now...

I wonder if I'm having seizures in my sleep?

Angel,

Your auras sound rather beautiful! Do you experience your seizures as pleasant or as a nightmare ? (Apart from the embarrassment of being on the floor and in an inconvenient/unsafe situation, of course.)

I also noticed you were thinking about going off your meds. Me, too! Recently, I got off Tegretol which I had been on for twenty years - and switched to Dilantin. After I got off Tegretol, I immediately became more energetic, more creative, lost ten pounds, and sexual desire came back. It wasn't stopping my seizures anyway. I sort of plan to get off Dilantin bit by bit, to see if I can consciously stop my seizures - or attempt to interpret what they are trying to tell me. Dilantin makes me kind of "stoned", which is nice, but I do need to function in certain situations; also it's hurting my teeth. Anyway, I've learned switching meds can give you a different perspective.

my auras are scary,

I have strong deja vu that wont go away and then feel as something really bad is about to happen.. I can feel it in my stomach then this weird out of body feeling starts to happen.. since I've been on the keppra I've only had 4 seizures.... around my ms i cant ever remember one ever feeling good to me :) I'm struck with fear when it happens... sometimes they aren't as strong and i just feel like I'm having some kind of psychic experience which I'm not going to rule out... there is a difference to them one feels like a seizure and the other feels like something else usually when i have the visions something happens a few days later that is just like what went on in the vision...

I know what you mean by med's making you feel stoned..

Love angel

brain,
has the kaleidoscopic lights with all the colors... sounds like no fun to me.... her auras do sound beautiful... I wouldnt think they feel that way though... :)

love angel

I have nocturnal seizures/epilepsy. It's confirmed.
Diagnosis code is:

These comes from the Epileptologists.

As for the kaleidoscopic lights it's very
beautiful, but extremely deceptive! Once
it comes there's no escape! It draws you
in; however, when I was a teenager, I
did learn how to manage to snap out of
it a couple of times but I didn't always win!

I HATE them with a passion!

My auras are typically pleasurable, and I become intellectually fascinated. I have a deja vu feeling that lasts about 20 seconds. I become dazed, but still remain conscious. Series of old memories resurface, and I have the feeling as if I had lived the same moment before. Only recently have grand mal seizures followed my auras.

auras or seizures

anyone ever had auras or seizures that happen while walking like you've just walked into a different time kinda like an out of body experience with visuals? would that be considered an aura?

anyone ever had auras or seizures that happen while walking like you've just walked into a different time kinda like an out of body experience with visuals? would that be considered an aura?

YES. Make sure you note that and share
this with your Doctor on your next appointment.
And how often you experience this.

Hi John,

I've had deja vu feelings in past auras but lately - probably in the past couple of years...
I start off with low buzzing in my ears, then very pleasant feeling -- warm and fuzzy, then a few seconds later I have a very STRONG urge to say something -- I feel like I want to shout it out to everyone .....then I say a bunch of nonsense words (all jumbled up) to the first person that I see (oh my poor husband and kids...). A few seconds later, I have no recollection of what I said and feel very weak.

Yu Mi

Hi John,

I've had deja vu feelings in past auras but lately - probably in the past couple of years...
I start off with low buzzing in my ears, then very pleasant feeling -- warm and fuzzy, then a few seconds later I have a very STRONG urge to say something -- I feel like I want to shout it out to everyone .....then I say a bunch of nonsense words (all jumbled up) to the first person that I see (oh my poor husband and kids...). A few seconds later, I have no recollection of what I said and feel very weak.

Yu Mi

yeah, I know how you feel.... Ive had seizures where i cant remember what happened .... complex partials...

love angel

brain, I should have added that at least I would have known a seizure was coming.......sorry for the confusion.......M

I have 2 seperate auras....
(1) i have a mild aura where I will have either no follow through seizure or only a partial or complex partial...

I have ringing in my ear a funny taste in my mouth, i feel warm and sort of goose bumpy and weird sensation in my hand they will stop rather quickly ... but sometimes may lead to step 2

(2) ringing in the ears at a higher volume with a more intense ring, I will feel heat in my body like you wopuld get if u were feeling like you were going to be sick or faint, that heat is followed by nausea, then i feel like iam watching myself it feels much much longer then it is... once i feel this I have to sit down or get somewhere safe.....
This can lead to clenching of mouth complex partial where i will stand at my hand I have been told as if there is something on it....
I do know at the time but if gets to ths point i dont remember after.... most times if it gets to here I have a decent complex partial or a t/c

(3) the other aura I have self indentifed is when I am going to sleep which strangly bothers me the most.... I will have mild ringing in my ear which quickly turns to a pulse which i think I can feel as well as hear ... it sounds like what a pulse would but it feels like it is only comming from my ears... i will get a very quick hot flush over my body with a feeling of associated nausea....

these dont often turn into anything I still have the habbit of try to deep breathe stay calm... but tend to sit back up and turn the light on.... as soon as i sit back up and the lights on it goes away....

I think I associate these with fear as when i started having seizures at 15 these were my first auras and I only had t/c no complex partials or partials and they were all whilst i was asleep... even though i dont tend to have them in my sleep although 90& of the t/c i do have are still in the evening or not long before going to bed....

Even though reading every bodies personal experiences...... and hearing things that are similar .... and trying to explain them to neros and even friends or family whilst having one.... they are so hard to get the right words to explain excactly what you wanting people to be able to understand.... but all of your experiences sure helps

I get NONE either. Having had epilepsy for 31 years and having had no auras for 31 years, I don't find this to be unusual - it's just "me".

Back
Top Bottom