What is your aura like?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

auras and auras

I don't think I have a pre seizure aura.
But my keirlen aura is bluish green.

i'm not sure nut i think these are my auras

i don't know if this is an aura but everyone else can tell i'm about to have a seizure before i do. i get a funny look on my face; friends have said: confused, disgusted and frightened.
i smell things sometimes no one else can, sometimes right before a seizure and sometimes not.
i can't tell i going into one until later, my friends and family ask but i usually say no i'm fine and then its too late.

My aura tends to be an odd smell and the sound around me condensing in the middle of the room. I usually feel as if im being put to sleep. Normally most people can tell when a seizure is coming becuase I look pale or look like i'm thinking or not feeling well. My facial expression changes suddenly and then I start feeling strange and then I have a few minutes to sit down so I don't wander or fall. I usually like to get to my bedroom and rest in bed where nothing bad can happen. Sometimes if im doing something as a seizure starts up real fast then I end up doing whatever it is but sloppy and slower..
I am happy I get auras though- bec i can let someone know a seizure is about to happen.

Everyone take care

I only once had any warning....... my eyelids were flickering though in my head it sounded like a birds wings flapping. (I thought oh S### and I was gone)

I feel fear... extreme fear sometimes. Like I'm all alone and all my family and friends are gone for good. Or that the armageddon has come.

And sometimes deja vu.

I've only had 2 seizures my whole life, but each time I had a sensation in my head in the right side of my brain, felt like my brain just ran a marathon. Crazy thing is I still get these sensations when I sit down for long periods of time and/or I don't get enough sleep (especially during/after playing poker).

Does anyone else get that feeling where you feel your head is about to turn and get stuck as you enter your seizure?

It starts in my belly kinda like sick feeling then it starts up to my chest. Heart rate increases, get alittle hot then cold.FEAR sets in because I know whats comming. I wake up later after about one hour beat up. Somthing I do to myself while in the postical state.

Does anyone get anything along these lines: tingling starting in the feet, like hitting your funnybone, and rising up the body. Then an irritating and weird feeling in the hands from the wrist down, kind of like they're super cold?

My partner and I were discussing his signs, and he'll get this about an hour before he has outburst of sudden laughter or crying. I'm just wondering if this is a possible aura, or a sign of something else.

I know when I was younger I would laugh during a seizure and get this sort of adrenaline rush.

Nothing like what you described as an aura though.

Did the laughing bother you? My partner says he hates it when he gets it.

I enjoyed it but I was very young so there was no concern about what people would think or the social faux-pas of laughing at an inappropriate time.

I'm very tired today and your response evoked images of maniacally giggling toddlers.

I get so sick to my stomach...but recently I have noticed a burning smell that mo one else seems to smell but it's not like an electrical burning..also right before I get this very strong electric feeling inside like a ball is building and I can try to fight it from coming out but the more I do the harder the convulsions will be...that first feeling when I "let go" feels kinda good then I am outa control...but I think all you guys are unconsious for your seizures right? Cuz I just lay there thru mine..or sit or whatever

I don't think I've ever had an aura before my t/c's. Would sure be nice if I did so I could ready myself.

I smell a cigarette burning sometimes for about 30 seconds, but nothings ever happened after that, unless I am having other forms of seizures I'm unaware of.

My dad was a heavy smoker before he died so I like to think he's just visiting me and letting me know he's ok.

But who knows...

Hi I had a seizure last year and before the seizure started I had an aura, it started as feeling like deja vu, but much stronger like I had been in the exact place/situation before in a dream. It felt like I was supposed to know or do something. I also had a disgusting taste that I can not explain in my mouth, it tasted almost metallic and electrical and it felt sharp and spikey like a metal spike was going through my tongue. The whole thing made me feel like I was going to vomit. Then I blacked out and had a seizure. I also had an aura about a year before that and it was exactly the same but it was not followed by a seizure.

I get a really scared feeling just out of nowhere and then lose conciousness...not sure if that is normal with seizures. Last night I had a butterfly-in-my-stomach feeling and a not-all-there feeling which lasted a good hour or hour and a half before seizures came on.

I have a de-realization feeling, like my surroundings don't feel right. I also get the anxiety/fear. I feel off balance and hurry up to lay or sit down.
Sometimes my left side feels weird like I'm going to have myoclonic twitches.

Back
Top Bottom