Why?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
When I went to the doctor yesterday, he said that perhaps he could take me off the medication. I don't know why I felt the way I did. I should be thrilled. I felt kind of sad that I might have to go off the medication.

Hi persian85033, welcome to the forum!

Only you can answer that. Perhaps it's trepidation that seizures will return?

Going off of meds can be a really frightening thought, especially if you weren't the one to suggest it. If the medication was controlling your seizures, I can see where it would be scary to give up. When I stopped taking any medication, even though none of them ever did me any good and I was the one who decided that enough was enough, it was still frightening to think about going it alone. I'm glad that I overcame the fear and took that step. If going off of meds works for you, you'll be glad too. Just make sure that you get plenty of sleep and avoid the triggers that you can avoid. Plus be sure to keep yourself nutritionally sound. Are you taking a multivitamin (at least) every day?

Hi persian85033, welcome to the forum!

Only you can answer that. Perhaps it's trepidation that seizures will return?
I think that if it were me comming off the med I might be feeling that my security might be taken away. I think you might be just a little scared. And stay calm. You don't want to get all excited anyway. Stay mellow. Things will be fine.Teresa

I think that if it were me comming off the med I might be feeling that my security might be taken away. I think you might be just a little scared. And stay calm. You don't want to get all excited anyway. Stay mellow. Things will be fine.Teresa

me too. I have better seizure control now than i have in the past 2 years. so i think leaving the meds without some sort of back up (staying gluten free) or adding neurofeedback, would make me feel like walking a tight rope with no rope. Or jumping from a plane with no chute, hoping for the best.

So just take it slow. Ask the doctor ALL the questions you have. and ask him if stopping is nessecary. if you dont like his response get a second opinion. You decide what is best for YOU. not anyone else.

I think when the water is rather calm, it is scary to think there might be a storm around the corner.
Please consider going slower than the doctor even suggests.

Back
Top Bottom