withdrawl symptoms

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
anyone coming off keppra suffered with nose bleeds and have dizzy spells? this has recently started happening to me, i also feel like im going to collapse, is this withdrawl symptoms or a mixture of that and cerazette pill? the doctor will not listen or help me, i just dont know what to do anymore.

Isn't it interesting and fascinating that withdrawal symptoms can be worse that the substance we are attempting to withdraw from?
I attempted the withdrawal of Dilantin a few months ago, after a few weeks as I was weaning slowly I started to have tonic clonic seizures what got me to wonder....
were the seizures a withdrawal symptom of my body not getting its regular "fix" for lack of a better word or were they real tonic clonic epileptic seizures? I have never experienced those kind of seizures especially with that severity. I may never know the answer since I had to return to my original dose a.s.a.p......

hi deeds thanks for replying, i cant seem to work out what it is, i have had my bloods took and checked for glucose and everything, its annoying my doc will not look further into it , do more test nothing, its ridiculous. is it tonic clonic seizures u suffer from? my neuroligist will not diagnose me or tell me what seizures i am having.

Crazychick,

I'm definitely not a doctor. So any thoughts here are from simple daily living.

What kind of nosebleeds? A regular leaker that takes up a kleenex or two and five minutes or so to stop, or a huge gusher that take a washcloth or towel to catch all the blood and you may or may not be able to get it stopped by yourself? If it's a gusher, a FAST visit to the emergency room is a good idea.

Regular nosebleeds are probably caused by something that is pretty normal for this time of year and there is probably nothing to worry about. Do try a different doc if you still have concerns after your other doctors visit.

Do you have a way to check your blood pressure? Like a home machine, or one in a drug store. Extremely high blood pressure is one of the things that can cause nosebleeds.

A cold and/or use of nose sprays can cause nosebleeds. It's cold and flu season.

It's also the season when people are using heaters again, dry air outside, etc. that can dry out the skin in your nose and cause it to bleed. If that's the case than a humidifier in your room should help a little.

If you are having trouble getting the nosebleed stopped remember to keep applying pressure for awhile, and if that doesn't work, try a bag of chipped up ice or a bag of frozen peas pressed gently on your nose.

Let us know how it works out, okay?

tonic clonic seizures are not what i usually suffer from. i have simple partial and complex partial seizures with potential to generalize.
i also take 4 AEDS!
quite the toxic load.....

Endless. They only seem to happen wen i gwt out the bath. But i suffered with bad nose bleeds when i was a child. Tbeystopped but seem to jave started again since i stopped keppra. The withdrawl symptoms seem to be worse than the side affects. My hair is still falling out i jave been off keppra 3 weeks now. Could it be the cerazette as it was estrigen free? i have been on period 3 weeks now as well. I feel so low its unreal. Every doctor in the practice im in will not listen ti me they think im being paranoid but you know ya own body and ya knw wen something is wrong.

Crazychick,

A 3-week period isn't normal. You told your family doctor about it? If you have insurance an OBGYN might be a good place to go to get an answer.

Going off any drug is tough - Keppra I've heard is one of the tougher. Google "Keppra Withdrawal" and you'll get an eyefull of people posting about their experiences.

I hope you feel better soon. <<<hugs>>>

thanx endless. im going to ring the doctor today but none of them care or even want to listen to me. they think im being paranoid. im fed up and have really had more than enough

Back
Top Bottom