Xanax

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Well. Went to a shrink yesterday and he put me on xanax, for my panic attacks cause they get tremendously bad. And I know there are multiple people here on on it. Question - is xanax fast acting enough to prevent a seizure when shaking begins?

Msuder,

It's a good question. I googled it and didn't find a lot, from reputable sources or otherwise There was nothing on your question in the package insert, either. Nothing on time to effectiveness on benzodiazapines in general, either.

So, this sounds like a great question to ask your doctor. Even though you just had an appointment, call and leave a message for him with the question. He'll answer and get back to you. Will you let us know what you find out?

Here's the package insert:
http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=7538d0d0-346e-4c3e-8f7a-c1cac8ec8ed3

This is a good site since many of our drugs are also used for phsychiatric reasons, like lamictal for bipolar. Even this site was light on information on Xanax.
http://crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/MedClass/Anxiety

I did find it interesting that you can't take this drug with Valerian or grapefruit juice.

I hope you feel better soon!

Endless if you are a girl, I would love to marry you - espcially if you lived in the dc.baltimore metro area and around my age, You are very intelligent especially to a future teacher. The only benefit would be is if you were Mila Kunis (my dream girl). She is so beautiful and plays World of Warcraft. =). I don't like grapefruit juice (tastes like lemon juixe mixed with piss) , blech, because i I was on Dilantin originally on and it weakened my enamel and I have to constantly brush my teethG. wow. it has taken me 10 mins to type this. But thanks for in the info. Go Orioles!!!!!!
:woot:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom