Yet another pregnancy question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bella2010

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, I only have three months to go, so God only knows how many more questions I will come up with between now and then! Just hang in there with me, please.

I'm on Lamictal and have to keep adjusting my dose. I had two small seizures at about the 10 week mark, and I had two last week, more severe, at 23 weeks.

Anyway, before pregnancy I had excellent control. Did those of you who developed worsening seizures while pregnant go back to pre-preg control after birth?

TIA,

Beth

Hi Beth -

There is obviously a connection between hormones and seizures. Control, as you say, is relative. Stay on top of your levels, the medication IS a must during pregnancy. My story is on here about my second child, Dean, born full term stillborn. My surviving children are healthy in a major way. I took dilantin during my pregnancies with Brandon and Alexandra, and had no seizures. I had a seizure during my pregnancy with Dean, and that is why he is not here. I hate to be so blunt, but I want to pass on my experience, so as to be helpful. Take care of yourself and baby.

Yes, and stay calm after you have the baby. When you get so tired, just be mellow and get the sleep you can.How long are you going to be in the hospital? Do you know. Just enjoy yourself and you will be fine.It is such a sweet time. I loved my pregnancy.

stilldancing_98,

Thanks for the kind words - I really appreciate your time! I don't know how long I will be in the hospital. I guess it depends on how things go.

I am fortunate that I will have A LOT, maybe a little too much , family support/help after Bartlett's born, and DH is taking vacation at that time.

Thanks again for your reply.

Beth

Back
Top Bottom