Are You Awake or Unconscious?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pinkattitude
"Sometimes, when no one else witnesses the seizure, I will know it was different because whereas I thought it was just a little blip, when I'm fully back I will have dropped a bunch of stitches off of my knitting needles. Damn, the hands are always involved it seems. Oh, well, it's good practice, picking them back up."

My hands are always involed. I did something really stupid last week. I took my medication whle having a seizure. I didn't know what I was doing. I accidently overdosed. It scared the heck out of me. I was hacka drowsy and felt flimsy. I wish I hadn't had those pills in my hands. Some of my pills fell on the floor but I ended up taking practically double my moring dose. Never again.

Nice idea, Neil, unfortunately someone may tell you all about your seizure and spoil the whole thing, rats

How about everybody has to take a,"not remember pill"? Problemo solved lol,lol

Pinkattitude
"Sometimes, when no one else witnesses the seizure, I will know it was different because whereas I thought it was just a little blip, when I'm fully back I will have dropped a bunch of stitches off of my knitting needles. Damn, the hands are always involved it seems. Oh, well, it's good practice, picking them back up."

My hands are always involed. I did something really stupid last week. I took my medication whle having a seizure. I didn't know what I was doing. I accidently overdosed. It scared the heck out of me. I was hacka drowsy and felt flimsy. I wish I hadn't had those pills in my hands. Some of my pills fell on the floor but I ended up taking practically double my moring dose. Never again.

sounds like it's time for a daily pill case!
I got one when I was taking both phenytoin and levetiracetam

I have a pill case but I wasn't aware of which day I was taking medicine from. So stupid of me.

I'm awake... but not really aware of anything but pain. I can folow very very simple directions. follow the finger..... sort of.

Sounds like you could be having simple partial seizures. I get a tingling numb like feeling when mine occur. It feels really weird when it goes from my hand and feet area all the way up my body.

it's kindof funny - because it can be a really good sensation if it levels off and allows me to still maintain a consciousness - even as I fade off - but there's a point where I know it's out of my control and it can get frightening, but that has always receded allowing me back to a normal state.
...or have they~?~? :ponder:

I always lose conciousness while having a seizure, or at least am at a point where I don't know whats going on. It scares my fiance a lot especially because it makes my asthma act up.

The question is a good one!
When I have a T/C I'm out and usually lose most of if not the full day of memory. The only way I know is that everything hurts. The new seizures suck way worse cuz I remember them like a hazy dream and I do some pretty embaressing things.

I've only had one seizure to my knowledge and I was conscious for part of it, I remember feeling weird wentto bed closed my eyes and felt my body go very stiff and paralyzed, the bed started to shake and I could feel my eyes moving back and forth very fast, then nothing, I came to later feeling confused and sleeping in cold puddle.

Back
Top Bottom