Do You Experience Psychic Phenomena?

Which of the following psychic phenomenon have you experienced?

• I know who is on the phone before I pick it up (without caller ID!)

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • I know the unknowable: I know the future, secret things about others, or other types of "knowing."

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • My psychic "knowing" almost always turns out later to be true.

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • I speak directly with god(s)/angels or I've heard/talked with demons.

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • I see dead people. Sometimes I might even talk with them.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I can physically affect objects, like bend spoons or move pencils.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I'm electrical. Watches stop or run oddly, I short out things, lights go haywire, or I shock people.

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • I see auras around people. I feel their vibration or frequency, or I can see into their soul.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I've seen UFO's or encountered aliens.

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 46 46.5%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I usually won't pay to go see a movie because I have figured out so quickly. I thought it was due to the fact that nothing new or original has been made in years. I guess I really paid attention when we studied foreshadowing in school.

last night at a steakfry,i was sitting with a couple who was talking about a pigroast I had supposedly attended 5 years ago.they were talking in detail about the band and how my mom and dad and brother were there and I had no memory even though it was before i was diagnosed.Usually my memory problems are all shortterm,but that wasnt the creepy part-he started to tell my boyfriend where he lived and i interrupted with "turn left on Biggs right before the railroad tracks and its the first house on right.i felt like I was reading a script in my head but his fiancee was PISSED and I have no idea where this knowledge came from

That's the first time I've laughed out loud in AGES. Thanks, Mel!

It doesn't happen too often, but occasionally I feel...?...ethereal? And once when I was feeling this way I stared at a lottery ticket, asking it to draw me towards the right numbers. I actually got 3 out of 6 numbers that time (didn't win anything), but I rarely get even 1 number out of 6. In fact, my new strategy is going to be to pick 6 numbers, 6 numbers, and 6 numbers, and THEN pick 6 numbers from the numbers left to increase my odds of at least getting one number right.

I also know when I'm being watched...like last summer I could 'feel' my neighbor watching me OCD my mulch and eventually I learned I was correct.

Last edited:
I started attending church for the first time in my adult life-Im 46-and I feel such a deep experience like Im swallowed whole when Im there that I cry uncontrollably-yet quietly and have to sit in the back.I mentioned this to my epi's replacement today because it was so out of character and he said that some view these religious experiences as a personality quirk of temporal lobe epilepsy but this is frequently found in psychotic people-i told him I didnt feel that God was speaking to me ,just overwhelmed-he also said psychosis can register on eeg's as sharp waves so i think were headed toward a mental illness diagnosis here as he discounted alot of my complaints of memory problems,excessive bad smells and hallucinations

I actually have episodes a lot lately where I'll be listening to a song, or watching something on the news on TV, or I'll see an old lady or an old man struggling, for example...and then I'll suddenly become overwhelmed with compassion, coupled with sadness, and then just begin crying for no reason other than this overwhelming feeling of despair. It kind of freaks me out when this happens because I feel as if I somehow know that something terrible is going to happen soon, but I don't know why or what I should be doing.

i have to avoid reading any bad news about children because I get the feeling i am personally involved.Almost as if i wish i could have been there to do something,but its much more intense than that and it stays with me for days or longer-Ive never heard a definition of this feeling-its not melancholia-or how it might relate to E - but it has to have some bearing because this started a few years ago

mel - I also have started going to church for the first time relatively recently and I also had a similar reaction for a number of weeks. I have not mentioned it to my dr., but I think some people may just process religious experiences differently or more intensely than other people. I do not have temporal lobe e - I have frontal lobe e. It did not occur to me that it was perhaps evidence of a psychosis!

well I understand processing things more deeply,but not the sudden urge to be drawn to something.Please PM me if you would like to discuss religion further only as it relates to epilepsy and perhaps personality changes.Im not really into deep dark conversations about the mysteries of the universe or religion or politics-it tends to overload my fragile mind-LOL-but am interested in what has been termed the temporal lobe personality and from what I have read,that includes frontal lobe as well

At the risk of everyone thinking I'm nuts, because lots of people without epilepsy read this forum, and they just don't understand or "get it"....

I think that epilepsy is how extra skills and senses have been delivered to us. It is not a brain disfunction. This part is a brain enhancement. If only I could keep this part of epilepsy and ditch the rest. When the extra skills and senses kick in there is usually no aura, no unpleasant side to it other than sometimes I'm extra tired/energy drain.
Just thought I'd say that I wholeheartedly approve of this theory! :) Actually I've had similar thoughts myself at times, though they were more along the lines of "ideas I'm having about this" than "what I think of this".

If a person is within about 3 feet of me, I can feel their frequency or vibration. They feel like music to me - like it feels to have your hand on a stereo speaker but I feel it through my whole body. Everyone's energy feels different. I can tell a lot about them and their personality just by feeling their "vibe." And it almost always turns out to be accurate. It has come in very handy. It's beautiful in a crowded room, like a symphony of everyone's energy together, though I can only actually feel those who are right next to me. Some frequencies blend beautifully, like sails singing in the wind. Some clash in an abrasive-feeling chord, like a kid pounding his fist on the piano.

True or untrue, I've come to believe that a person's true soul isn't identified by their spoken name, it is identified by their energy. They take that with them wherever they go. A spoken name is just for here and now.
This kind of resonates as well. I tend to want to avoid too much interaction with people, and especially large numbers of people, on this basis, however. It's not so much that I find them hard to deal with, just that I find them exhausting to be around. Sometimes ONE person is exhausting to be around if they're putting out a lont of negative vibes (and all too many people are).

I have had a lot of precognitive experiences happen which were very clear and have later had some kind of confirmation, as well as things I had a less clearly defined impression of and had more doubt about whether I'd seen them before, or was just experiencing some kind of deja-vu at the time. I may post more on this later when I have more energy and inclination to explain. These are experiences which are not directly seizure-related (or not primarily influenced by them so far as I can tell). Weird states of being and what might be classified as "psychic" experiences actually associated with seizures and auras (what exactly is the difference again? ;) ) are also something I'm rather familiar with, and which I may try to post something on later when I'm feeling more inspired. Those are what I would call "sealed" experiences though, which have to be judged with reference to themselves or other "paranormal" experiences. The precognitive experiences have sometimes been linked too definitely to events that have later played out in the real world to attribute them to confirmation bias, seizure-dependent effects, etc.

I'm pondering now how much I actually want to say on this, and how I could best explain it...

I try to explain things like this and I just feel like Im digging myself into a hole-even simple conversations wind up WAY in left field and when someone points that out Im stunned.I think of these things you mention alot and i feel like Alice in Wonderland-one thought leads me deeper to who knows where.sometimes I feel frightened I will go to far and not come back-not really physically but more in the way I think and view things.WOW this is so hard to explain.Rag,you mentioned episodes that arent directly seizure related,but my readings are discussing interictal episodes.Even my epi claimed my 2hr lack of memory when I closed all my bank accounts and reopened new ones and everyone thought I was normal as being interictal along with my fight with a lady over tuna fish in the grocery.So there is merit to these interictal happenings

I love this site, always find I'm not alone. I have serios deja vu - I dream things, mundane things like waiting at an airport for someone when I don't know they're coming then get a phone call telling me to get to the airport and it all looks the same, even conversations with strangers. Or meetings with clients I haven't met and it's way too familiar - the way they drink coffee, that they have to answer a phone when no call was expected. I have painted some dreams - when they repeat and that's the only way to get them out of my head. It always sounded so weird. And this was before and after the drugs/diagnosis. Thanks for sharing so much.

Am I psychic?

Let's start this off by saying my mother has epilepsy, she has seizures everyday of her life. The doctor's didn't really know she had epilepsy until she was 17, and they said there's a good chance that my brain is similar and they won't know until I'm older. I'm only fifteen right now, yes, I'm young, but I love to research everything that is paranormal, I strongly believe in psychic abilities and connections.

-Very strong and intense deja vu and visions of events before they happen, or while they're happening at that moment.

Examples: When I was in elementary school, we did journal readings, and I had a dream and in my dream this dude in my class was reading his journal, I remembered it word for word at the time, and the next week in class he read everything that I dreamed he would. I had the dream at least four times before the event really happened.

I was in an abusive relationship, and for a long time, you could never tell anything was wrong with this guy, he was a strong willed Christian, and he put on an impressive act for everyone around him, well, he was in Cleveland, OH for the summer for work to get money that he needed for his car, and at the time, I didn't know his ex girlfriend Katy lived in Cleveland, and I had at least three dreams, all were the same, about him calling her and inviting her over cus his uncle and aunt were out of the house all day, and she came over, and they cuddled, and started getting physical, I remember the whole dream, in detail. I'm not the jealous type, I don't randomly have dreams of that kinda sh*t, you know? But then a few days later, he had a concert at The Zodiac, and he took my phone and was looking through my texts, so I (joking around) looked at his, as well, and I read the texts with Katy, first saying "Hey my uncle and aunt are gone all day and I wanna know if you'll come over" the next one "nevermind I'll call you" then the next day's texts about EVERYTHING they did, even the sex in detail, which was in my dream, too, and even before that, I told Jake about my dream and he was STUNNED. And just stared at me, and goes uh.. where the hell did you get that? And I was like, I'm never wrong about these things, you just better hope I am. You know? Crazy sh*t.

-I've ALWAYS known if someone was cheating on me or lying to me, I get kind of a sense, which can even be an image, or a voice, even just a vibe at times. But I've NEVER been wrong about these things. EVER.

-Me and my mom dream the same things most of the time. Like memories we've had, I've experienced HER memories, and me and her are very open about our psychic abilities, we share our dreams, our visions, our deja vu, our thoughts, etc. She knows when I'm hurt, I know when she's sick, she can feel what I feel, and I can feel whatever she feels. I know when she's about to have a seizure, I get this rushing feeling inside of me and it's almost like my body picks up her vibe or something, but I've ALWAYS known before she has a seizure, (noting that she shows no signs before then, she just drops to the ground and her eyes roll to the right and she's out of it for ten minutes)

-She's told me that when she has seizures she can hear people talking to her, people who aren't even there. Warning her about events in the future, even images of the events.

-Me and my brother have dreams together, too. Me him and my mom will talk about them, and we get excited cus we feel like we're all connected. My brother doesn't believe in almost anything paranormal except ghosts(which, did I mention I've seen since I was younger? they mess with me, they move the objects around me I'm using, it's rather quite obnoxious) but my I know what he's thinking and he knows what I'm thinking.

-I finish people's sentences (without a sign of what they're going to say) almost instantly when someone talks to me. I know when lights will turn green and red when we're driving. I know when I'm around cops in Sylvania, and most of all I KNOW when something bad is about to happen. I always have.

-Sometimes I'll just zone out and drown everything around me out of focus when I have my visions.

-I can feel whatever people feel. I believe that I am empathic, say what you might, but I do have strong reason to believe this to be true.

-I know what people are thinking, a lot of the time. But it's not voluntary, unfortunately, it just happens. I take the words or ideas from peoples' heads all the time and it just baffles everyone around me.

Bottom line; I know when something bad is about to happen, I have strong deja vu, I'm really good at guessing things(only when I focus my mind), my dreams come true, and I believe I have a strong psychic connection with my mom, especially. I know what some people are doing, I know when they are lying or cheating. There's so much more to say, but I don't want to bore you all with my life story.
Someone, just please tell me, am I psychic? I've wondered this, so has my mom, ever since I was little. It's the little things that make up the explanation, I have a lot more if anyone's interested in reading.
I would just like some insight on this. Thanks! xoxo

Last edited by a moderator:
MISSXDOLLFAYCE-have the docs made a connection between your moms psychic ability and her epilepsy? is it temporal lobe? How about you?Im not sayin everyone that has psychic ability has tle but there seems to be a connection.Ive lived in haunted houses and now this house i hear 2 men loudly argue.They have gone away with meds,but not the visual hallucinations and the ability to know things has appeared.But i told everybody those men were the 2 men that committed suicide here-one was an emergency room doc who shot himself in the bedroom in 2004 and the other a quarry worker who hung himself in the tree in the backyard when he was fired for drinking in the 60's--all this property used to be the cleveland quarries.I think epilepsy puts you in tune with these people and events.

Well, I don't think I have epilepsy, but you never know I guess. But yeah, I've always experienced the connection with my mom, and not just with her, but with others, as well. And I've always had experience with the paranormal.

Could be your brain is just more sensitive to that stuff.People think its dysfunctional brains that seize and I guess if you have tumors or such that would be true,but maybe people just have sensitive brains and exhibit them in different ways-

Late, but the only 'psychic phenomena' I have that isn't just part of the seizures is that when I'm listening to the radio I usually start singing the next song to play before the song actually comes on the radio. It freaks people out, too XD My friends tried to test me one night at the bar and said they'd buy me a shot for every song I could correctly predict on the jukebox. They picked the strangest ones they could find (alivin and the chipmunks, meatloaf) and even had strangers pick some. I batted 9 out of 12, just by singing the first song that came into my head.

Okay. I'd pay perfectly good money to hear you sing Alvin and the Chipmunks.

:)

I don't like to talk about it, because when I do, I DO get called crazy. But yes, everything you guys have mentioned, very similar incidences. I tell my close friends--who do know about this side of the epilepsy--that I am not a psychic. If I were, I would win the lottery and I wouldn't have to work anymore.

I'm one of the people who voted on seeing dead people. It doesn't usually happen when I am awake, it happens when I'm asleep. The only reason *I* believe it myself, is because I've contacted surviving people for the dead people, and knew exactly what happened and details just not released to the public. I've made people cry.

I saw a woman up north who lived near one of my friends. She was murdered. She lived in a 2 story white house on a cul de sac. She came outside to get me and was hysterical crying. Knew she was dead. Took me to the upstairs bedroom and connecting bathroom and told me she lost something in the shower. I’m thinking her rings, evidence etc. She says something about being a teacher. (I'm a teacher- I felt this not relevant).

Then she just sits and cries.

So I finally ask my friend about it who lives up there. He says there was one murder (solved, open and shut) in their town like 20 years ago and he'd ask around.

He did. Turned out SHE was a teacher. She was killed in the upstairs bedroom. Her children were drowned in the upstairs shower. Their house was 2 stories, on a road with a cul de sac.

And that doesn't scare me, it makes me sad. I wish I could have helped her.

I dream like that every night. It's exhausting. I often lucid dream. I can pick up dreams where I left off. I can wake up from a bad dream. I dream in color.

When I had my sleep study/24 hour EEG done a few years ago, my neurologist DID comment on the dreams--he said " Wow I don't mean you offense, but I have NEVER seen nocturnal brain activity like this in a mentally healthy 24 year old female---this is usually what you see in someone with schizophrenia" I was like, thanks doc, lol

On the less scientific side of this---some of you mentioned auras.... 3 times, yes 3, in 3 different locations, by 3 different people, I have tried to have my tarot cards read---had money available....and the lady reading said she could not read me because of my energies.
One of the times was at a bachelorette party, she was reading everyone there. She did like 10 girls before me and another 5 after me. I was the only one she couldn't do.

if I was psychic i would be rich and problem free also and be able to help others.I cant even help myself.My house has been in foreclosure since May 2009 or something like that-the only reason I still live here is I have a good attorney who has filed all the right papers trying to get me a modification since my employer wont let me work in the factory yet and pays me out of their disability fund.Ive never been offered a modification-why? Because nobody knows who really owns my house-two banks have filed foreclosure but neither can show the courts the proper documents-but anyway-the reason i mention this is that on numerous ocassions a Voice told me that my house would be saved and today I was given paperwork that looks agreeable that my lawyer and I have to look over-but I ALREADY KNEW THIS FOR MONTHS

Back
Top Bottom