• yes - smoke

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • yes - other

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • no

Votes: 61 63.5%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I had several meetings with the neurosurgeon before I had first surgery, Feb. 14, 2006. During one of those is told him I had quit smoking. He bowed his head a bit, then looked up and said, "Nancy, smoking is harder on your brain than this tumor". wow

Good point! COPD is not curable and miserable. Pot. ? It is legal here in Washington state now, I can't take the 'high' part but really want to try the new grades for seizure control.

PS. I quit for my second time 15 months ago. (tobacco)

PS. I quit for my second time 15 months ago. (tobacco)

Good for quitting. Don't ever go back. I quit 8 years ago and learned on New Year's eve that I have COPD. It was a deepressing New Year's for me.

Quite 5years ago had few failour days still use nicotine replacements

I quit smoking tobacco eight years ago and it was the right time to do it as I've been clear ever since and doing my best to keep matters on the best way possible. I refuse to do anything to jeopardize my lungs so when I see someone smoking I walk away as it's just not worth my health. I value my life and would like to enjoy it without complications as epilepsy is hard enough, prefer nothing else. Just my .02

I quit cold turkey almost 12 years ago after smoking for 22 years. I had chronic bronchitis for years from smoking that just kept getting worse. As soon as I quit, I was able to breathe much better, I stopped coughing all day and night, and stopped wheezing.

Back
Top Bottom