have you gotten used to your type of seizures?

have you gotten used to your types of seizures?

• yes

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 36 57.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Can you say yes, and no and accept that perhaps that life will always surprise you?

How can one ever "get used" to TC seizures? :ponder:

Some days yes,some days no,but im not sure with those big old tonics,i can't really get used to them.

Since I have, in general, over 300 partials a year, and they are all pretty similar, I had darn well better be used to them! Not to say I like them, of course, but there would be something wrong with me if I were not accustomed to them.

i've now been having seizures for over two years. i know it's not as long as some people but i have learnt to put up with the seizures and everything else that comes with epilepsy

Agree with Crash.... some days yes, some days no, tonic clonic..... no one can get used to those eh

Your right Screamy,the feeling that someone has hit you over the head with a mallet,never a nice experience!

Lol,yeah awesome,perhaps a bus would be a better description.

i'm with arnie, have had so many it 'wouldn't be right' if i wasn't used to them by now.

and with you too crash, a greyhound tho rather than a school bus ey?

Deja vu, medication side effects.......yes

Tonic Clonic ......... no

Speaking of being hit with hammers and buses and such, I remember my fourth tc. I had just lain down for a nap, I sensed for a split second something rushing towards me, then felt, and somehow thought, that I had been hit by a train. It was a huge impact. That's the most I've ever experienced of a tc;, for the others I've either been asleep when they started or simply gone under immediately and woken up to paramedics.

i'm with arnie, have had so many it 'wouldn't be right' if i wasn't used to them by now.

and with you too crash, a greyhound tho rather than a school bus ey?

couldn't agree more qtowngirl. I always used the bus analogy too.

I'd say I'm used to it because I've had them my entire life. As much as I don't like it, it's a part of my life. A part of me.

I'm sure I would be a different person if I grew up without e.

Speaking of being hit with hammers and buses and such, I remember my fourth tc. I had just lain down for a nap, I sensed for a split second something rushing towards me, then felt, and somehow thought, that I had been hit by a train. It was a huge impact. That's the most I've ever experienced of a tc;, for the others I've either been asleep when they started or simply gone under immediately and woken up to paramedics.

:ponder: Must be nice! Only 4 tonic/clonics?!! I've not only lost count of the number of simple/complex partials but also the tc's I've had, too. Plus the # of injuries and hospitalizations because of them. And went status several times. That was scary to the family! I've never gotten used to the sufferings of E and any of the seizures. I HATE EPILEPSY!!

Strange how it's like that, isn't it? Epilepsy affects so much of our personality, our perceptions of the world, our senses, everything. Even when we don't know we have it, as I didn't until I was about 22, it shapes who we are. I think many of us understand that, in spite of the grief it can bring, in some ways our lives would be poorer without epilepsy. Does that make sense?

As much as I don't like it, it's a part of my life. A part of me.

OMG chris you took the words out of my mouth. me too. don't know who i'd be, but at the same time don't know if i'd want to know. not near as strong that's for sure, not even close.

I think many of us understand that, in spite of the grief it can bring, in some ways our lives would be poorer without epilepsy. Does that make sense?

:ponder: Not really....... My life would be much richer without E. I would've been able to travel more, as was my intention before E. I was in the travel industry and was married to a pilot before E. I wanted to travel and see the world. Now I can't even drive, let alone travel! So how could my life possibly be poorer without E and all the miserable effects that go along with it? I feel pretty damned poor now! Not financially poor. But spiritually, emotionally, physically, etc.

OMG chris you took the words out of my mouth. me too. don't know who i'd be, but at the same time don't know if i'd want to know. not near as strong that's for sure, not even close.

you're totally right. I wouldn't want to know the other me I don't think. I wouldn't be as strong I'm sure. Maybe it's like the butterfly effect, if we hadn't gotten E then each successive experience in life would be different..

Back
Top Bottom