• Autumn (Fall)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Winter

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Spring

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
What is your less favorite season?
For me it is Summer. I used to like summer when I was younger but now I hate it. The really hot days tend to knock me about a little bit & I have a lot of trouble sleeping when it's hot.

We are currently in the middle of our Summer over here & in a heatwave. The last few days the temp has reached 42c (107f).

the birds finish nesting and it so bloody wet and cold summer these days it dissappointing

I hate the winter,freezing,rain and if there is snow it's bloody well mixed with grit.Also the days are so short.Pity we don't get your heatwaves CQ,but god how i would luv em!

Last edited:
I like all the seasons, but since I love to walk, I'm voting for Winter -- the cold and ice make the walking a bit less pleasant...

I hate the winter,freezing,rain and if there is snow it's bloody well mixed with grit.Also the days are so short.Pity we don't get your heatwaves CQ,but god how i would luv em!
Crash
It does get cold here but I'm sure our winters are no where near as cold as over there or in America.
It doesn't snow where I live so I am still able to walk in the winter, only time I usually don't walk is if the weather is bad.
From memory I've only seen snow twice in my life which was when my family & I went to the mountains lol.

Not even this hot weather has stopped me from going for my walks though lol. I just go for my walks earlier usually around 7am when it's not real hot yet.

Last edited:
I hate summer as well, temp. here might reach upto 45 C, too goddamn hot >.<

Fall because the temps are only great for a few weeks. :p

It's either too hot or too cold here. I wish it could be 73 yr around, lol.

i hate the summer seizures increase by 10 times where i was born and raised had to move to more to climate friendly for me.

Voted summer

I voted summer coz Like you CQ I have issues getting to sleep. We are in the middle of summer now. (In Aus) Its sticky here. I dont mind winter coz I can put layers on to go walk-abouts. We dont have snow where I live but its about 20min drive away. Not heavy enough to go skiing but enough to have a snowball fight if you want to and enough to make it cold. Spring is gorgeous (altho I sometimes get hayfever :( lol)

What is your less favorite season?
For me it is Summer. I used to like summer when I was younger but now I hate it. The really hot days tend to knock me about a little bit & I have a lot of trouble sleeping when it's hot.

We are currently in the middle of our Summer over here & in a heatwave. The last few days the temp has reached 42c (107f).

Yep, not liking this heatwave either at the moment.

I'm not a fan of summer, I think when it's hot it's so hard to be comfortable.

Crash
It does get cold here but I'm sure our winters are no where near as cold as over there or in America.
It doesn't snow where I live so I am still able to walk in the winter, only time I usually don't walk is if the weather is bad.
From memory I've only seen snow twice in my life which was when my family & I went to the mountains lol.

Not even this hot weather has stopped me from going for my walks though lol. I just go for my walks earlier usually around 7am when it's not real hot yet.

I wish it was as hot over here,as you get it over there.Yes we get some snow a fair bit,but more freezing rain.I would give anything to have your walk at 7.00am because of the heat.That would be sheer bliss!!!

I wish it was as hot over here,as you get it over there.Yes we get some snow a fair bit,but more freezing rain.I would give anything to have your walk at 7.00am because of the heat.That would be sheer bliss!!!
It cooled down a bit the last few days, after having about 4 days of 40c heat we had a bit of a change & on Wednesday we were down to 26c (78f).
Think it is supposed to go back to the mid - high 30s again in the next few days.

I really don't like Winter, it's freezing all the time, and no one on my block seems to own a shovel.

For me, It's winter. Here in Minnesota, I live on the shoreline of Lake Superior, and winter seems to last forever, it's already cold here in the winter but when we have the wind coming off of Lake Superior the temp will drop another 5-15 degrees more depending on how strong it is. And it's even worse with Lake Effect snow!

Spring for me unfortunately because I am apparently allergic to like every tree in existence...which is of course blooming :rolleyes:

I do however appreciate the beauty of it all despite the drippy itchy sneezy misery! :(

Fall is my favorite season...such beautiful colors...and it's a special time for me :)

As far as winter goes I don't like the cold and the summers here are just too damn hot! :mad:

Last edited:
Summer for sure because I live where it gets really hot. I can't drive and it's terrible to try to walk anywhere even a few blocks to a bus stop. I have also had tonic clonic seizures and ended up laying on hot pavement. NO FUN!

Summer for sure because I live where it gets really hot. I can't drive and it's terrible to try to walk anywhere even a few blocks to a bus stop. I have also had tonic clonic seizures and ended up laying on hot pavement. NO FUN!

Lol I love Arizona...especially Sedona and visiting Meteor Crater is always fun...couple years back I got to see the Grand Canyon...for a while...then it started storming...which sort of enhanced the experience because I love thunderstorms (on occasion)...here in Cali you don't get much of that...in fact the drought here is horrible...I'm at the Gateway to Yosemite (NorCal) a couple hours away from San Fransisco...it's nice being in the middle of mountains and the coast but the only bad thing is all the smog settles in the valley...especially in SoCal...glad thing I don't live there...yuck! As far as the heat goes here in the summer it can get up to 115 on the really bad days but usually stays somewhere in between 90-105...then again the weather here is really what I like to call "bipolar"...it fluctuates horribly...one day it's hot one day it's....well you get it lol...but yeah when it got up to 115 with a heat index of 118 in 2013 (I believe) the power went out for 3-4 hours and I almost had a panic attack...thankfully I had a nice cool place to go temporarily...but yeah...

I just want to feel the wind in my hair and smell the rain and see a beautiful rainbow after a nice thunderstorm :) ...but like I said that rarely happens here...I use to live in Texas...San Antonio to be exact and well it stormed all the damn time (and flooded ewww!) and was always really humid...hated it...out here it's a dry heat...not much better but at least I can breathe better lol...I'm sure it gets really hot where you are if not hotter...YEOW!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom