• I experience seizures more during the day

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • I experience seizures both day and night

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • My seizures are isolated and sporadic

Votes: 56 23.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You got someone to help with the boys, Mom or M-I-L?

Yes, thankfully I do.

I will be leaving shortly for the hospital. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm hoping to get her home this morning.

She's home and resting in bed now. :)

YEAH!!! :piano::bjump::banana::brock::banana:

I've waited all morning to see this post!
:D

It was funny when the nurse told Stacy that she could go home if she could get up and walk around. 6'2" Stacy was practically dragging the ~5'9" nurses around the ICU unit (she has longer legs than they do and she was determined to go home). :lol:

Bernard wishing Stacy a a speedy recovery and hope she is sent home super fast!!!!!!!

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Riva

PS:Hoping Stacy stays sz free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like there is a statistically significant correlation between full moons and status seizures:
Neurology said:
The authors retrospectively reviewed all neurologic records of an emergency unit from 1999 to 2003 to identify a potential association between lunar phases and seizure occurrence. Overall 859 patients admitted for seizure occurrence were divided into the four quarters of the synodic month according to moon phases. A significant clustering of seizures around the full moon period was observed, supporting the ancient belief of periodic increased seizure frequency during full-moon days.

full moon seizures

Very interesting - you ought to post that
in EFA's Living Well ~ in E says Hi Again
where everyone's had to reset their E Counters!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

That made a lot of sense .. lots of unhappy
campers (including myself and your wife).

I'm glad she's OK, how is she now???

I should "delete" my votes and put a recast!
After all the crappyola I've been going
through lately!
:mad:

I realized my votes were old votes from the
years past; and should be voting on the
current past 5 years.

*sigh*

Oh well. I'm from Florida, we can't vote nor
we can't tally our votes either - :lol:

:D

I dont' get seizures, my daughter does.
They are falling during a certain time of the month, and yet occasionally they break that pattern. Those seem to be when she "cheats" and indulges in a high sugar drink/item. I also wonder about water intake (ahhh full moons do tend to have more effects on a body of water. They produce more births).
I have been keeping a journal for the past year, so I will have to see how this compares to the seasons. As I mentioned in another thread, I would like to be able to create a graph with all the different variables. I might see a pattern.
My daughter usually has one at a time, yet her most recent was a status seizure, three in a row, and starting on a fourth.

Any kind of holiday, especially Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year are HUGE triggers for me. I had one going to a Christmas Party, also wound up in hospital Christmas Eve. This is probably because these are times that are "supposed" to be special, and if you don't feel so special, you feel like you're missing something. So I (and others) get all stressed out trying to make it a VERY SPECIAL OCCASION. Birthdays are like that for me, too. My last devasting cluster occurred in August around the time of my 55th birhtday. Intellectually, I know these occasions are no big deal, but emotionally I'm programmed to expect something extraordinary.

I kind of wish I'd been keeping a journal so I could graph my clusters, see where the "danger spots" are. Some kind of graphing program might be good for this.

I thought this was actually about the frequecies of seizures in terms of mathematical frequencies hehe you guys had me all excited to discuss something.... I did vote... I'm sure someone knows how I voted and probably why.

Last edited:
RobinN;
Interesting, your comment about water intake.
Since your body is more than 60% water and the moon and sun control the tides, it's logical that a full moon and water intake will affect the brain and other body parts or conditions.

Randy

Hello everyone....

Firstly Bernard, I would like to send you and stacy heartfelt wishes of a speedy recovery and to let you know that you are in my thoughts...

i have seizures of various form from partials to t/c
I have kept a seizure diary and a journal to see if there was a patter, without any luck to seeing one...
I find i will have more auras and partials close to my menstral cycle.. but not enough to highlight it as a significant trigger.

I can have several partial or complex partials a day and then can go for a fortnight with none or just auras I tend to have a tonic clonic every 3 longest 6 weeks.

If I dont look after my self as eating and drinking correctly taking my meds and sleep patterns this will increase very quickly and can amount to a very high frequency and to larger longer and more volent seizures

Whe I was first Diagnosed when I was 15 and I am now 29 I only had tonic clonics and i was always asleep then came the partials at any time now t/c i dont have to be asleep, but they do tend to be more in the evening or before heading of to bed.

Winter is the highest for me, I lived out west in NV for 11 years, and moved back east for family reasons, and since returning, my seizures have exploded! My head doesn't like the cold, damp, weather of the northeast. I loved working outside in the sunshine of the desert.

Back
Top Bottom