• I experience seizures more during the day

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • I experience seizures both day and night

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • My seizures are isolated and sporadic

Votes: 56 23.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

For the past 10 years, i never had a seizure again. Thanks God Im always OK even i get so tired most of the time due to my work.

my seizures seemed to have calmed down some until I start back going to places with a lot of people.
I haven't done that because of my back hurting .
Almost every time I go down in a seizure so I guess I'll start back taking my magnet for my VNS see it'll help since I'm on rapid cycling now.
Epilepsy sux.
Belinda:agree:

I have mine from heat, menses, stress, no sleep. My myoclonics are mostly in deep sleep, every night. But my son only has seizures when he is very stressed or I am having a lot of seizures.

I have the majority of my seizures are early in the morning while still asleep,usually between the hours of 2 till 9.My main triggers for my seizures are stress,being overtired and eating problems, eg, lack of appetite.My last bad tc was about a week ago but ive now recovered fully from that.The meds i take at the moment i feel are doing a good job.

I spoke to early my seizures are already starting back up.
I have the sore back to prove it.
My seizures don't have have a trigger they just happen.
When I came out of the sz yesterday in hospital lobby with ppl every wher e starring at me.
I did tell them crowds do trigger my seizuresthey tried get crowds to leave with not much luck.
The ppl starin down at me from the bALCONY was worse than ever.
Belinda

I can't stand the people who stare, either. I've been stared at many times also since I've had C/P & T/C seizures all times of day/night and all seasons. I've lived in the south and now I'm back in the Rockies and I still have seizures. But not as many now, in part because of the VNS and for me, I think no more menses has played a huge part in reduction of seizures.

Cindy

Primarily the seizures that I have are only when I get extremely tired or when I am starting to fall asleep. I can always tell anymore when I have a seizure before I go to bed because alot of the times I do things on my computer that I have absolutely no memory of.

The biggest thing that has been starting to bother me recently is that people at work, who are my friends also, make jokes due to me having to leave early sometimes. I used to joke about it with them and it used to not bother me, but since the seizures increased in frequency it has really started to hurt a little, although I know they don't mean it and don't sit there and poke fun at me about it. I don't want to get them in trouble at work, and am not sure what would happen if I did say something anyways. I have already had an issue at work where I was being interviewed for a promotion with 2 managers in the office, and while going through the interview the question was asked by the newer manager how my seizures would prevent me from doing my job. The other manager gave her a stern look and shook his head no I knew what was going on there because I have already found out that that is a question shouldn't be asked as it is on the verge of discrimination. The newer one was from my center and the other was from the corporate office. I brought it up to our HR and they didn't do a thing, but ever since I had to submit an ADA form for intermittent FMLA and for a flat panel monitor to reduce glare I have been denied every single interview for a promotion, along with denied my raises. Prior to this I got the max on the raise and had no trouble getting interviews. These are really the only problems with people that I have, otherwise I know that it is mainly a lack of knowledge of the situation.

Wow Cindy. I hope my seizures clear out better when my menses are done! hope hope pray pray. lol And sleeper. What kind of seizures do you have?And welcome. Here I say welcome. At home it's hey babe, nice to meet ya. Glad you are here.So do you know what kind of seizures they are. Teresa , I'm the one with the short hair, the other one is my best friend Theresa.

The seizures that I have are complex partial and simple partial, both coming from the left temporal. They were under control for about 8 years and then all of a sudden came back full force, went through multiple meds again and now they have me maxed out on 3 different meds to try to control them, it has made them calm down and shortened their duration. The doctor also says though that even with the meds keeping the seizures nocturnal, that I am having too much brain activity during the day that is classified as a seizure even though I don't realize it to get my license back.

Some one had a seizure at work, and it was tough to get people to clear out of the room. (It was a boring meeting, and the mic being used kept having feedback, so down he went.)
It was one of those large boring meetings btw. Lots of people. I try to stay in the back to stay away from people, but that day, I got shuffled to the front to be 'watched'. I hate that.

After going to hospitals and having them not listen anymore, I just don't go to hospitals anymore. I don't like doctors either, but they'll have to suffice. lol.

mockers

They are everywhere. They would rather stare and laugh. Doctors and hospitals don't listen, because they figure their magic little pill will solve all your problems. So when you seize, you must not have been following the doctors advice. Baloney.

Last edited:
:agree:
They are everywhere. They would rather stare and laugh. Doctors and hospitals don't listen, because they figure there magic little pill will solve all your problems. So when you seize, you must not have been following the doctors advice. Baloney.

my seizures started back increasing and the worst part is when friends ask did you take your meds or didn't u hav ea warning and I hardly ever have one anymore.

:ponder::twocents: Belinda

I am more likely to have a seizure interupt my sleep then anything else. I have complex partial / simple partial seizures so it's always a lot of fun. I am more likely to have clusters start in the early morning lately. We have this great stuff called Diastat that is usually wonderful at getting rid of them. It's not the most fun medicine to take but, I do what I have to so I can have a "normal" life. It has kept me out of the ER (for the most part).

I seem to freqently have aura during the day with nothing more really happening. I was not told until a few years ago that the feeling I had before a seizure was also a seizre or that it had a name. expecially when that dang doctor asks every time what the feeling is like snd I have never been able to discribe it.

Last edited:
Actually had electrodes placed on my brain at 18 but was not a canadate for a lobectomy.although i now know that the left side of my body is controled by the left side of my brain.

I'm all messed up! HaHa!! :roflmao:

God Definitely made me unique

Back
Top Bottom