What time of year is your epilepsy worst?

What time of year is your epilepsy worst?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Matthew74

Stalwart
Reaction score
The heat of summer aggrivates my seizures a lot, but historically I'm most likely to take an ambulance ride in the spring. I think this is because I can usually live with air conditioning during the summer. I'm not sure why I get bad in the spring, but my health is usually worst all around in the spring.

The fall is my favorite time of year, no contest. I like the cold. Summer is my least favorite time of year. I like the spring ok. I do however much prefer the longer days of summer, just not the hot weather.

Might want to add a 5th category: no different any time of year. That would be the case for me.

Winter is the worst for me because I need fresh, circulating air while sleeping. I can deal with temperature extremes either way but I have to have non-stuffy air to breathe.

(Part of the reason why I moved to a place where you can keep the windows open at night all year long.)

I used to keep my windows open all year in S. CA. It was awesome.

My seizures are changing all the time so there isn't, a paticular time of year the worse anymore.

I live in Florida and am used to the heat, so winter is the worst for me.

I had my first recorded tonic-clonic summer before my freshman year in high school, and my second one last day of my freshman year. By and large though, I've had most of my seizures in the winter time, right around the first cold snap of the season.

I haven't noticed a time of year that is any worse than others, other than times that tend to be stressfull at work or family related.

Back
Top Bottom