worst place on earth to have a seizure?

worst possible place on earth to have a seizure?

• a hospital

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • a hospital

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • a hospital

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • a hospital

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

without putting any thought to it my first answer would be anywhere in water (tub, pool, ocean) for the added risk of drowning. has happened to me once so far but SO LUCKY my body fell out of the shower doors rather than staying in. will never forget that day.

and i know cint will jump in here anytime on that one... she unfortunately wasn't so lucky.

2nd answer... prob. on tv. how do you ever take that back, it's seen by many and filed forever. ughhh. i am so shy in public as it is i sure as hell couldn't handle it recorded. the unit was bad enough!!

had one on a bike today while leaving a bank,
woke up post ticlal, lost a glove. spent 4-5 hours at the hostpial. that was fun. need new glasses. and gloves

Last edited:
When I am walking down stairs in the laundry matt at my apartment building and fall on my face. I have broken my nose 3 times that way.

I'm adding this from an embarrassment only stand point - certainly nothing in comparison to death and serious injury possible in the above situations... And it's kind of a time and place but I'm adding it because man, was this embarrassing. During sex.

Last edited:
without putting any thought to it my first answer would be anywhere in water (tub, pool, ocean) for the added risk of drowning. has happened to me once so far but SO LUCKY my body fell out of the shower doors rather than staying in. will never forget that day.

and i know cint will jump in here anytime on that one... she unfortunately wasn't so lucky.

2nd answer... prob. on tv. how do you ever take that back, it's seen by many and filed forever. ughhh. i am so shy in public as it is i sure as hell couldn't handle it recorded. the unit was bad enough!!

I had my first one while taking a bath and my wife saved me. Several years later I had one while canoeing and came very close to drowning. Again, it was my wife who somehow was able to hold my head out of the water until some heard her screams for help. I was almost twice her size in 4+ feet of water.

Top the stairs at work that have metal edging on each step

at the psych wards here they are pretty good about it and keep a eye on you for seizures,

but they dont let you let you sleep.

always a bathroom! particularly a fairly confined one - i've done myself the most damage in them, though i'm really getting to dislike face-planting on pavement..

Well to be HALF serious, the toilet. When I mean toilet, I mean SITTING down for well...... obvious reasons.
I had one in the shower once I feel through the curtains the fall wasn't bad, the only bad part was that my parents saw me naked......
Besides a car I'd say like a bulldozer? Crane? Heavy equipment.

Jail without any doubt I spent a month in the drunk tank in Sante Fe NM having "alcoholic seizures" without anyone around,an no guard would belive I had a tumor and had had a CT. (didn't even drink)

always a bathroom! particularly a fairly confined one - i've done myself the most damage in them, though i'm really getting to dislike face-planting on pavement..

I can so relate to this :( it seems that every time I have to pee in the middle of the night, I seize! My 3 months postpartum were really bad, busted my front tooth and ended up with over $5000 of dental work!

Now I would have to say imp the worst place would have to be driving on the interstate. Which is why when I get my license back I will not drive on the interstate or ever go over 45mph, and 45 seems like a stretch for me.

Embarrasing wise, I'd say going number two as mentioned above. It's funny because I've thought about that a few times. I send my husband out to walk the dogs when I have to go number two and often times while in the bathroom I think "How embarrasing would it be if I had a seizure while using the bathroom and he walked in to a stinky bathroom and an unwiped butt"

I've had a seizure 3 times during sex, I wasn't in the state to find it embaressing, when I came around I more laughed at it than anything else. I'd say the worst place would be on something moving like a motorbike or car like maybe having your first time seizure or if you had one on a bike, CRASH! Painful!

I know I've answered this but nowbts getting locked in a toilet not good

Hmm, just to clarify I'm sure that it has happened to many people, but when I referred to the bathroom, I wasn't in the process of doing it. I just have fallen on the hard surface of the bathroom floor. Once I was taking a shower, but never on the toilet.
Angel, I think that during sex is right up there, lol! I haven't had that happen yet, but I only hope that I stay on the bed if it ever does happen. My luck I would end up bruised inside and out!

Gday , i had 2 siezures driving my semi trailer and 1 on my forklift , the only accident was on the fork .

you had a seizure while driving a semi but there was no accident? :eek:
do tell...

I know it`s hard to believe but the first time the cruise was on set at 100kph , grossing 42.5tonne , i was very fortunate that i owned a truck that handled brilliant you could take your hand off the wheel and she would go straight down the road for quite a distance , however i did wind up on the wrong side of the road half on the dirt and when i came too there was a large sighn to miss approx 8ft 12ft , i had to swing her hard to miss it and i was very close to rolling ( the only time i have ever had all of my freight move sideways ) , i later measured the distance from the point that i had lost my memory to the sighn , it was 900 metres , the second time i was in adelaide ( our state capital city ) and i was merging approx 60kph onto a expressway the last thing i remember was looking for cars then again i come too several hundred metres up the road having crossed around 4 lanes and again half in the dirt ( i havn`t got a clue what happend but all of the cars dropped well back ) i finished the journey and quit .

Back
Top Bottom