Chocolate Bark

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
Chocolate Bark

4 T. (1/4 cup) Virgin Coconut Oil
1-1.5 T. Cocoa Powder
1/4 t. lowcarb sweetner, such as stevia
2 oz nuts (optional)

Melt the coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir to combine and blend well.

Blend nuts into chocolate mixture (Optional)

Have chlled a metal bakeware lasagna or cake pan or pans in freezer for 10 minutes or so. Remove from freezer and line with waxed paper. Then pour mixture into chilled pan and spread to desired thickness.

Pop in refrigerator or freezer on level shelf and let sit 10 minutes or so. It will harden quickly and breaks with a snap.

http://www.coconutdiet.com/chocolate_bark.htm

Last edited:
Here is an alternative flavor

4 Tbs coconut oil
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbs sliced almonds
1 tbs SF Davinci Banana Syrup

Or you could add Raspberry syrup

Or

6T coconut oil
1T cocoa powder
12-15 drops Stevia
1T Natural Nut Butter

Yum
Would be good with rice krispie type of cereal too

Last edited:
Im craving Chocolate really bad haha Blend nuts into chocolate mixture mmmmmm .....

You stopped your supps Angel...could this craving mean that you are needing your magnesium? There is research to support this thought.

Neat. A word of warning about Stevia. There are two different types of it sold in stores - stevia solution and stevia extract. The extract is *much* stronger than the solution (which is diluted). Be sure you know which one your using or the recipe will be sickeningly sweet.

I wonder if they sell Carob powder as an alternative to the cocoa powder?

Good to know that Bernard. I have yet to try cooking with Stevia. I have been using raw unprocessed sugar.

ok mom! haha

You stopped your supps Angel...could this craving mean that you are needing your magnesium? There is research to support this thought.

I started them back up when i started the septra again ;) but was only taking half of the mag which would be 200mg so today i took 400mg I ate some chocolate first though :roflmao: and then fail to sleep for three hours.... for me chocolate's like a sleeping pill...:pfft::ponder:

Back
Top Bottom