[MA] Fake Mashed Potatoes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
Mashed Potatoes
6 cups mashed cauliflower
(1 large head of cauliflower)
11/2 cups 2% cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbsp grated onion
1 tsp Mrs Dash® Seasoning Blend
(Herb and Garlic flavor)
3/4 tsp salt, OR to taste
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds
1 tbsp butter, melted

In large bowl, combine mashed cauliflower, cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, Mrs Dash Seasoning Blend, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds and drizzle with butter. Spread in lightly greased 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) glass baking dish. Bake uncovered in 350°F (180°C) oven 30 to 40 minutes until hot and bubbly.

Yield: 10 servings
1 serving
91.0 calories
7.1 g protein
4.9 g fat
4.4 g carbs

fake Baked Potatoes

1 head cauliflower
1/2 c sour cream
4oz cream cheese
1/4c minced onion
1/2 stick butter
2 fresh mushrooms (if you like)
1/4c romano or parmesean cheese
6 slices of crumbled cooked bacon

the topping before you casserole it is:
shredded cheddar & 2 more pieces crumbled cooked bacon

You bake it at 350 for 20 minutes.

Servings 9

Calories/serving 258
Fat 23.1 Grams
Carbs 5.1 Grams
Fiber 2.1 Grams
Net Carbs 3.0 Grams
Protein 9.0 Grams

Last edited:
Mmmmm

1 head cauliflower
1/2 c sour cream
4oz cream cheese
1/4c minced onion
1/2 stick butter
2 fresh mushrooms (if you like)
1/4c romano or parmesean cheese
6 slices of crumbled cooked bacon

the topping before you casserole it is:
shredded cheddar & 2 more pieces crumbled cooked bacon

You bake it at 350 for 20 minutes.

Servings 9

Calories/serving 258
Fat 23.1 Grams
Carbs 5.1 Grams
Fiber 2.1 Grams
Net Carbs 3.0 Grams
Protein 9.0 Grams

Sounds GOOD---'cept I'm allergic to MILK, which means I can't use the cheeses OR the sour cream.........:ponder::ponder::paperbag: I wonder if I could use rice milk or something similar and have it turn out fairly well.....

you could maybe that and tofu creamed together...hehe mmmmmm the aboveis for a low carb diet though

you could maybe that and tofu creamed together...hehe mmmmmm the aboveis for a low carb diet though

Well, I'll figure something out--I can't have tofu on the GARD diet........... thanks for the ideas tho, Angel--I certainly miss having Mashed Potatoes...REAL OR FAKE

Meetz1064,
just play around with it im sure you can come up with something.. cauliflower really makes good mashed Mashed Potatoes! anyways you try it:)

Meetz
there is something called Almond Milk. I found it recently at my safeway, as i'm trying to go soy free, and it is actually crazy good.

Sounds GOOD---'cept I'm allergic to MILK, which means I can't use the cheeses OR the sour cream.........:ponder::ponder::paperbag: I wonder if I could use rice milk or something similar and have it turn out fairly well.....
I do something similar with coconut cream. I make mine 1/2 & 1/2 cauliflower and parsnips and add some nutmeg and cinnamon just before serving.

Back
Top Bottom