New Dessert Recipe

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Joyful

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
:woot::woot::pop:Hi, everyone!

A friend of mine told me about a great way to enjoy the taste of dark chocolate w/o haveing any chocolate or sugar at all!

It may sound pretty weird at first,:ponder: but it actually tastes pretty good.

Here it is:
You mix together in a small bowl several big scoops of cocconut oil along w/ a desired amount of carob powder. Mix well w/ spoon until smooth.

Spread it in a small pan - cut w/ knife first - like as if it were brownies or fudge
Put in refrigerator til hard.

That's it - now you have fudge squares that contain no dairy, no sugar, and no chocolate, and is high in fat, too.
A dessert that's actually good for you! It tastes good too!

:woot:

Forgot to mention - this should fit the paleo diet or ketogenic - I think.
Sorry, I posted b/4 reading the rules for posting. Won't happen again!

Here it is:
You mix together in a small bowl several big scoops of coconut oil along w/ a desired amount of carob powder. Mix well w/ spoon until smooth.

Spread it in a small pan - cut w/ knife first - like as if it were brownies or fudge
Put in refrigerator til hard.

That's it - now you have fudge squares that contain no dairy, no sugar, and no chocolate, and is high in fat, too.
A dessert that's actually good for you! It tastes good too!

Could you elaborate more on the ingredients & measurements please?

The recipe sounds interesting. But I would like to know more about the specifics first. :)

Ingredients -

- pure coccont oil
- carob powder

Carob powder can be found in the healthfood section of most supermarkets

The cocconut oil I use was purchased online through vita-cost. You can probably get the carob powder through vita-cost as well.

Actually, I really don't measure - guess I should.

Using a tablespoon, I scoop out abt. 4 heaping scoops of cocconut oil.
With a teaspoon, I use about 3 to 4 averge tsp. of the carob pwdr., give or take - it all depends on your taste.
I mix together until well blended then spread in a small glass pan or dish - be sure to cut it b/4 putting in 'fridge - it will get hard. Or you can just scoop it w/ a tsp. and put on wax paper - like candies.

don't worry about sounding weird. (In here at least) I have been experimenting with uncommon ingredients. I get strange looks :)
I will have to try this recipe!!

Ha! I know about strange looks. My husband thought I was a little "out there" when he saw me eating it. Well, at first he asked if he could have some. When I told him what it was, that's when I got the "look". Oh, well, more for me! :)

Maybe I shouldn't have told him!

Carob is great. I've been using it in my banana bread and coconut macaroons recipes lately.
Will have to try that fudge one. Thanks, Joy.

Sure. That banana bread sounds pretty good, too! :)

Yes, I have too keep finding ways to use up all the bananas. Oooh i know, how about banana pancakes with carob chips in them?

Oooh, yeah! Sounds great! I just got back from the store - forgot the bananas! :(

Okay, big improvement on the original recipe. I've made some clarified butter/ghee using Kerrygold grassfed butter the other day. Here's how I improved on the dessert recipe - first, blend together the coconut oil and the ghee until smooth, then stir in the carob powder - keep mixing till all is blended together well.

If you desire, add a touch of almond extract. Once it's all mixed well, coat strawberries or bananas w/ it and put it in the fridge. mmmmmm!

Or, if you are impatient like me, scoop it up and eat it like it is! Great dessert! :)

Sorry -no measurements - I just estimate as I go.

Hi Joy
Thanks for the inspiration. I didn't have any carob powder but I had carob chips and those seem to work well too. I just semi-melted the chips in the ghee until it was sorta smooth but still with some chunks. Then I put in a splosh of vanilla and some cinnamon and nutmeg plus some coconut cream.
put that in a dish and sliced up some frozen bananas and put those in a layer all over the top. It's setting up in the fridge right now. I am making myself wait and not eat it with a spoon.
It really doesn't need any sweetener at all.

Sounds great. I was thinking about doing some version of it for a party I'm going to. Everyone has to bring one dish & one dessert. Plenty people will be there, and three people are paleo, so we'll be having a "paleo table" .

Back
Top Bottom